Sunday, August 15, 2010

Random Fun

I think this weekend has been the best weekend in a while.  It started with being relieved that my VERY busy week was finally over and Matt has been feeling better.  The two things I prayed every day this week (among many other things of course) were #1 - get me back home safely to my husband and #2 - to help Matt get over this horrible nausea he has had.  God answered both of my prayers this weekend.

Friday night we had plans to go to YaYa's for Joe's birthday at 7:00.  We had a nice surprise, when Clay and Jeni Davis (from Monroe) called and were passing through town on the way to Fayetteville.  We were really excited for them to stop by.  We talked them into going to eat with us and staying the night. 



Jeni and Clay

The birthday boy, Joe, with Heather and Lane.

Beautiful Sis

#2, #3, #4, and #1  (gotta love an inside joke)

Outside YaYa's

The boys at Bar Louie

Bar Louie was on the agenda after leaving YaYa's and oh how we enjoyed the people watching.  Matt and I are an old married couple now, so we were ready to head home around midnight.  It was a great night full of great company!

Saturday, Matt and I didn't get out of bed until 10:00!  It was pure bliss!  Since I was gone all week, I spent the day buying groceries, cleaning the house, going to Target, etc.  By the time 5:00 rolled around I had everything done and was ready to head over to Ryan and Heather's to grill out.  There were 10 couples and 7 kiddos.  The girls had a great time catching up, while the boys went fishing for a while on the boat. 

All the girls

Two of the three Heather's and Me.

Heather B and Me



I love this picture because it perfectly captures the words on my glass!

We enjoyed today at church and I just got back from seeing the movie Eat Pray Love with the girls.  I thought it was great!!  Maybe because it is partially filmed in Rome and I have been there twice - it's one of my favorite cities in the world.  Who knows?!  I thought it had a great message though and really liked it.  Perfect way to end a relaxing weekend with friends.

Next weekend we head to Shreveport to visit Clay and Katie. YAY!!  I am going to try and get a new camera before then because obviously (as you can tell from some of the pictures above) mine isn't working as well as it use to ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment