Sunday, October 10, 2010

Birthdays, Engagements, and Everything In Between...

This past week flew by!!  Matt had his last rounds of OB clincials and I have been getting all my targets ready for our launch, so I guess it was because we were so busy!  I will say that even though the work week went by quickly, I was thrilled to see the weekend come.  Sadly, last weekend we missed Sarah's big night out for her birthday since we were out of town, so below are a couple of pictures of some of us taking her out for a belated birthday dinner on Tuesday night at Ciao Baci. 

Sarah, Kyndall, Me and Charla

Me and the Birthday Girl

Birthday Shot!!

Matt and I started our weekend on Friday night with a date night at Bravo.  We had never eaten there before, but walked in and loved the atmosphere.  Kyndall met us up there to eat on the patio.  It was VERY good and I can tell it will be one more restaurant we add to our list to frequent :)

The weather was perfect!!

Saturday morning was so productive!  Matt spent most of the time studying (big test tomorrow) but I got a good run in, had all the house work done and got to spend the morning watching game day.  My parents were heading our way on Saturday afternoon to help Kyndall move out of her apt. and into her new house (she and Charla are renting the cutest house in the Heights), so Matt and I headed over to her house to help rake some leaves and help with some housework.  Of course we all took time out to catch the worst game the HOGS have played this year, but after the Razorbacks won, we were back to helping Mom and Dad with last minute stuff.  Kyndall's house looks great!!  Dad was very sweet to treat us all to Cantina Laredo for dinner and margaritas afterwards!!  YUM!!!  After dinner, Matt and I went home to clean up and headed to Thom and Tara's Engagement Party that was downtown on one of the rooftops.  It was perfect weather again and we were excited to celebrate such a sweet couple.

The view was great

Blessed to have such good friends

Group picture of the girls

The Boys

The soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs.



This morning we took Mom and Dad to YaYa's for brunch.  I never get tired of that place :)  Afterwards, they worked on a couple more things and then left for Rogers.  I love it when my parents come and visit, even if it's only for less than 24 hours.  They are so selfless and take time out of their schedule to come and take care of their kiddos whenever it's necessary.  I truly believe that I have the BEST PARENTS IN THE WORLD!! 

After they left, Matt went back to some serious studying and I went to check out the brand new ANTHROPOLOGIE that opened up on Chenal.  Talk about exciting...I was there for at least an hour. 

These stores are always pretty big and this one didn't disappoint. Below are a couple of things I couldn't say no to...   :)

Perfectly casual

Just for a cold day...

Love the military look

This set up was in the store today and although I was looking for clothes, I adore their home furnishings.

It was a great weekend with lots going on and we were blessed to be able to share it with so many of those we love.  It's going to be a super busy week, but I am off work Friday and looking forward to a long weekend in Rogers.  Between concerts, craft fairs, friends&family, and Brynlee's birthday party, there is bound to be a lot of fun!!!  Hope everyone has a very blessed week!!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment, Kia! I don't know how he can be close to 5 either! It really does fly by in some ways. Long days and short years is the best way to describe it. Hope y'all are well! I love that you're blogging now (I keep forgetting to add it to my list), and I love seeing all that's going on in your life! You guys are such a cute couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I love your purchases from Anthropologie!!! And your right the view at the engagement party was amazing and I loved your outift!

    ReplyDelete