Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Weekend

This weekend was a long one for me...I took off Friday, just because.  It was a great 3 days off.  Friday I slept in, went to the spa for a mani/pedi, got a little more Christmas shopping done, had a hair appointment, and just got some last minute things checked off my list before our weekend of LOTS of FUN started.  Matt had his last test (for at least a couple of weeks) on Friday and didn't have clinical paperwork this weekend,  so he was able to really relax and have fun.  Friday night we went to Kyndall's new house, she was having a little house warming party.  It was so nice to enjoy a low-key night with friends.  She and Charla were fabulous hosts!  Below are a couple of pictures. 

Sarah, Kyndall, Me and Charla



Heather and Me - it was so good to see her, we haven't gotten to hang out in a while and it was great!

Sarah and Kyndall holding up the ghost cookies I made :)

Chance and Kyndall

Laza and Me (first night to meet him and I love this kid)



I had to post this because people think that we are looking more alike as we get older. (which is a HUGE compliment to me because Kyndall is gorgeous) I think it's because my hair is back to its normal dark brown and we definitely have the same smile :)

The fabulous hosts

Saturday morning Mr. Matt got up to play some golf.  It was a little chilly but I know he had a great time with the guys.  I caught up on some housework and watched some game day.  We had a going away party Saturday afternoon for a very good friend, Bruce Torgerson. He is moving from Little Rock back home to be with family in Rhode Island.  I met Bruce through Julianna and he's an incredible person.  He and his buddy Bill even came to our wedding in NWA last year.  He does amazing work at the VA here and is going to be such an asset to the VA in Providence.  Our going away party was at the Fountain.  I took a ton of pictures for him, below are just a few snapshots.

Me, Jules, and Heat with Bill and Bruce

Bruce loves his vino, so this cake was perfect.

Heather, Kyndall and Me

Bruce and Me - we're going to miss him!

Bruce saying his good-byes

Heat, David and Kyndall

Matt came up to the Fountain after his golf game and then we headed home to watch the HOGS game and get ready for the Halloween party we were going to. We put in a pizza, made some spinach dip and after an hour of being in my sweats, there was no way I was getting up to get ready for any kind of party.  Matt and I curled up in bed and watched the game(s) and seriously were asleep by 10:00.  I HATE that we missed the costume party, but there is something about that king size bed - it just sucks me in :)

Church was great this morning.  Class was focused on the "No Debt, No Sweat" series and I would recommend it to anyone.  It's a lot like the Dave Ramsey program that focuses on not having any debt.  I really think that EVERYONE should read his series.  It's great!!  We had a group that went to eat brunch at Yaya's afterwards and then we were home for a nap.  We've already had trick-or-treaters tonight and they've been adorable!!  Now back to handing out more candy :)  Hope everybody has had a terrific Halloween weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment