Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rest and Relaxation

This week was not near as bad as I was expecting it to be.  Matt did great on his test, work wasn't as crazy as I was thinking, and we found time for a date night to Bravo on Monday, a night out with Kyndall on Thursday and then a VERY nice and relaxing weekend. For some reason I have been super tired and haven't been sleeping well.  I think it's the weather changing and causing my sinuses to be all out of whack, so this weekend of rest was much needed.

We had a perfect date night at Sushi Cafe' on Friday and were home in time to catch the end of the Rangers/Yankess game...all I can say is GO RANGERS!!!  Very happy to see them going onto the world series.  Saturday, I didn't get out of bed until 9:30 and did nothing but lay around with Matt and watch the HOGS play.  I guess it was the lightning delay but that game just seemed to drag on and on. Around 3:00 I headed to Ginger's bridal shower down the street.  I have known Ginger for over 5 years now and could not think of a better friend.  We have been through many stages in our lives together and I am looking forward to celebrating her wedding in December.  These aren't pictures from the shower, but had to throw some in.  She's one of my favorites and I have so many great memories with her.

Christmas 2005

Dont ask?!?!

Stefanie's bachelorette shower

I really can't find any serious pictures of us :)

One of our many girls nights out - 2006
Can't wait to post many more pics in December!

Saturday night we went to our favorite hole in the wall, Alley Oops, for dinner and called it an early night.  Matt and I worked the nursery this morning during early service at church so we wanted to be well rested.  The cutest little guy exploded all over Matt...spit up everywhere...all over his shirt, pants, we're talking even shoes and socks.  It was hilarious and he was such a good sport.  We just joke that God is slowly trying to break us in :)  It was nothing a little spray and wash couldn't handle!

I have been able to get some Christmas shopping done this afternoon, which is HUGE for me.  I am always waiting until about a month or so before.  I have decided to get the nieces and nephews North Face fleeces this year.  I didn't even know that they made them as small as a 2T, which is perfect for Brynlee and Sam Wyatt.  I was thrilled to find them!
Absolutely adorable

We've had a relaxing Sunday afternoon filled with a big nap and we just got finished carving pumpkins.  (Matt needed a little break from studying)  I haven't carved one since I was little.  I don't even remember, mom had to remind me.  A couple of action shots...

He was much better at removing the seeds than I was!

Concentrating hard...

And the finished product

My haunted house (excuse my attire, I just got back from running)




Now I know these won't last until Halloween, but it was a lot of fun. 
This week is another busy one, two tests for Matt and two days of meetings for me (thankfully no traveling:)  Hope everyone has a great week!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Great reading your blog this week! Sounds like yall are busy and loving life! :) I love the pumpkins and love the shout-out from my bachelorette party! fun times!

    ReplyDelete