Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Weekend Full of Fabulous Friends

We had such a great weekend around here.  Friday night the roads were mostly clear so Matt and I went to dinner with Clint and Sarah at Bossa Nova.  It was my first time to eat dinner here and it was delicious.  It's brazillian food with a kick...very good!  We just received a phone call that their little guy, William Ross Davis arrived TODAY at 2:23 p.m.  We are SOO very excited for them and cannot wait to meet this sweet baby.

Saturday was a little out of the ordinary because Matt didn't have to study. (It was SO nice!)  We slept in, got up and ran to the grocery store and then met Joe and Rachel for lunch at ZaZa's.  Joe Crabb is one of my best friends in the world (he is the reason I met Matt :)  We had the best time catching up with the two of them.  Afterwards, we went to buy Matt some new Raybans, tennis shoes, etc. We came home and went for a run at 3:00.  Well, needless to say that 6 months out of the running habit (I can never run in the winter, it's just too cold for me) has really hurt me.  We did a short two miles and I had to stop once and walk for a bit.  I was pretty disappointed, but I'm anxious to get back into the groove of running daily. 2-3 miles is my goal at 5X a week!  Wish me luck! :)

Saturday night we went to dinner with a dear friend that I haven't seen in 8 years.  Colby Martin!!  He, Kyndall, Charla, Chance, Matt and I had a wonderful dinner at Sushi Cafe' (never disappoints) and then headed down to Ferneau.  I also got a phone call Saturday afternoon that a very good buddy of mine who is in the Air Force and use to be stationed in LR was in town visiting...Jason MacAfee.  I haven't seen Jason in at least three years, so it was a fantastic night of reminiscing about old times and catching up!  Below are some pictures of everyone at Ferneau.


Colby and Me

Chance, Charla, Kyndall and Colby

Roomies


So good to see Ginger and Jeremy


J Mac finally made it!

3 peas in a pod

It was such a great weekend of making more memories with friends that I will cherish for a lifetime!  We are getting ready to start another busy week.  I am so excited that tomorrow is Valentine's Day!!  I am off to watch the Grammy's and read my new magazine in bed (yes, I know it's 7:30 :)  Hope everyone had a great weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment