Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had such a terrific weekend!!  Mom and Dad drove into town Friday for a visit.  They didn't arrive until about 9:00 that night, so Matt and I met Kyndall and Charla down at U.S. Pizza for some dinner before they rolled into town.  Saturday morning we made a HUGE breakfast here at the house and then my sweet, talented, "can do anything", MacGyver of a Dad  put up our new chandelier and ceiling fan.  Thanks to my fantastic husband for helping as well.  While the boys worked around here and did what they do best...Mom, Kyndall and I left the house and did what WE do best...SHOPPING!!  Here are a couple of pictures before we left.

My beautiful Mom

Lola and Barb


Breaking Kyndall's back

Showing off some muscles

Saturday night, we were in the mood for some good Mexican food and margaritas so off we went to Cantina Laredo.  We were laughing all through dinner!!


Dad and Mom

Kyndall and Charla

This morning we went to church for a great lesson and Bible class.  For the month of February, for "Project Love", our church is focusing on raising money for the Searcy Children's home.  Today was the final day to make contributions and I am confident that we were able to hit our goal.  I love our church and am always glad when we get to bring Mom and Dad with us.  Afterwards, we all went to Cracker Barrel for brunch and then Kyndall, Matt and I recorded one of those Hallmark books for Brynlee and Emma.  It took us a couple of takes (due to hysterical laughing) but it turned out all right.  I think those are the coolest things and now the girls can have a special little something from us since we don't get to see them everyday. 




I am always so thankful for every minute I get to spend with family.  Maybe that comes from not living very close and just enjoying every little moment together. I don't know, but it was a perfect weekend! 

I am leaving for Indianapolis bright and early in the morning for meetings all week.  The month of March is already jam packed with so much going on with work and school.  I know Matt is looking forward to spring break and I think I will be taking a couple of days too.  Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures babe!! What a great weekend! Thanks for everything - we love you all SO much!!! Be safe this week!! love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend! I love it when my dad comes to town too and I usually have a couple things for him to work his magic on! Thank goodness for handy dads.

    ReplyDelete