Sunday, May 22, 2011

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

After a crazy and emotional first of the week, I took Wednesday to get a little bit of rest and to get caught up on some things around the house.  I needed to run to Target, do laundry, clean the house, just the stuff that didn't get done since we've been in Rogers.  It felt great to be caught up that evening as I cooked dinner.  Thursday I decided to go ahead and get back out in the field.  I traveled down to Nashville, Arkadelphia, and Malvern, it felt good to be back in the swing of things.  I am having to make up the launch meeting that I missed, this next week.  I'll fly out tomorrow and will be back late Thursday night.  It's going to be a busy one!

This weekend was really our last one to relax.  We have so much going on over the next month and honestly don't have another weekend without plans until July 8!  Where does the time go?!  Friday night, Matt and I had a quiet dinner at Bonefish Grill and then came back to the house and curled up for a movie.  I think I was still catching up on the sleep I didn't get while in Rogers.  It rained most of Friday night and Saturday morning - making for the PERFECT sleeping weather.  It was so nice to be able to sleep in and not have to get up for anything.  I went for a two mile run Saturday morning and then Matt (again so graciously) went with me to catch another chick flick.  We saw Bridesmaids.  It was pretty funny. (Not quite like The Hangover, but good).  After the movie, we met Kyndall and Ben at the Fountain for a drink and then the four of us met Lindsay and Jake at Cantina Laredo for dinner.  This morning we enjoyed church and then spent the afternoon napping.  Matt and I just got back from a nice walk and we're winding things down, getting ready for another week. 
(I know it's much more exciting to read someone's blog when there are pictures on it...Sorry!  I am going to get back into my "picture taking mode" this next weekend when we go to Shreveport.)

 I am still calling home a couple times a day to check on my Dad. He seems to be doing well, just still very tired (which is totally understandable).  He is really making the effort to take better care of himself.  I am so proud of he and Mom.  I will be excited to be back in Rogers in two weeks...for Emma's first birthday party, but to also check in on him and HUG HIS NECK!!

I hope everyone's weekend was as relaxing as ours.  I've got to get packed for this big meeting...the busyness never stops!  :))

No comments:

Post a Comment