Sunday, May 8, 2011

What I Do When I Get Sick...And Happy Mother's Day!!

Well, as luck would have it on the most beautiful weekend we've had (and the weekend we were supposed to drive to Shreveport to spend a couple of days with Clay and Katie), Matt and I are BOTH sick!  Actually he came down with it first and was then kind enough to pass is on to me.  A horrible sinus infection and bacterial infection...I got a steroid shot Friday morning and we both are on antibiotics as well as some pretty awesome cough syrup.  (I can only take it at night, because I become coherent once I swallow it!)  Needless to say, it's been a pretty 'lax weekend around here.

We've layed in bed, watched movies, had a lot of soup and ice cream for the throat, and frankly after almost two full days of that, this girl was going crazy!!  SO....Saturday I did a little online shopping.  Yes, DANGEROUS!!  Here are a few things I found. 


I ordered this adorable feather print scarf from Mason's (except in gray, black and lime green)


I have a good friend that lives outside of ATL and has been talking forever about this adorable store she goes to.  It's called the Blue Door Boutique in Columbus, GA.  Since I had so much time on my hands this weekend, I got online and scoped it out.  I bought this cute little number...everything is very reasonably priced. 


I decided I was getting out of the house Saturday afternoon, with a horrible sounding cough or not...I found this dress at Scarlet.


Scarlet had this adorable maxi dress too!  I am totally in love with these dresses right now and this one looked so cute on :)


And lastly, I loved this top...I got it in fuscia.  It's light weight and I thought it was perfect for just running around in.

After I got home from my only adventure out that afternoon, Matt and I decided to grill some burgers and curl up for another night of movies.  I have to admit that although I don't like being sick, we made the most of it and just enjoyed some time together. 

This morning, we were both feeling better and made it to early church and then Bible class.  It was a wonderful sermon about mothers on this very special Mother's Day.  I am sad that I couldn't be at home this year to celebrate with my fabulous mother, but know that I am blessed beyond belief with the mother that God gave me.

February 2011

June 2009 - Engagment party in Monroe

July 2008 in Destin, FL

July 2008 in Destin, FL

July 2009 at the farm

A little distorted...but May 2009 in VEGAS!

Spring of 2009 - just bought my wedding dress!!

(This makes me realize I have got to get my pictures of our trip to Italy scanned and put on here :)

Mom, I don't think I could ever find the words to tell you how much I love you and want to be JUST LIKE YOU!!  You have raised three amazing children with Dad, bringing us up in such a loving home, and most importantly a Christian home.  I thank God for the faith you built our house upon every day.   I can only pray that one day God will bless me to be as good of a mother to my children.  Thank you for being my best friend!!!  I love you!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment