Friday, May 27, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

I am SO THRILLED TO BE HOME!!!  What a week!!  All I can say is, in all of the hundreds of times I have traveled through airports, I have NEVER had such a horrible time as I did this past week.  Ashley and I were in Indianapolis to make up for the launch meeting we both missed the week before (me, being with Dad in the hospital, and she, recovering from falling and splitting her head open and having to get staples...poor thing.)  Needless to say, God had a plan in making sure we had each other this week.  I couldn't have stayed sane without her.  We were grounded in the middle of flights for storms, had up to 8 hour layovers, spent time in our corporate basement because of tornados, were pulled out of our beds at the Embassy for another tornado, had to sleep outside of the Detroit airport because of a cancelled flight, they lost our luggage on the way there, we missed half of our meeting on Tuesday...it was unbelievable!!!  You name it, and it happened!  We finally got home last night around 1:00 a.m.  My boss was extremely kind and told us to take the day to catch up on sleep.  If you know me at all, this girl is used to 8-9 hours of sleep a night, so running on 15 hours of sleep for the past 3 days has taken it's toll.  I am so glad to have training behind me!  The launch of the drug was actually great, but I'm glad to be home.  Matt and I have big plans this weekend!!  We're so excited for this next month!! 


In the basement at corporate, dodging tornados ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment