Monday, August 15, 2011

Girls Weekend In Atlanta!!!

After a busy week working in the field and flying to Dallas for a two day meeting, I was super excited to head to Atlanta for a girls weekend with Devon and Rhonda.  I flew in Thursday night and Rhonda had wine with cheese and crackers waiting on us as soon as we got to her house.  I can honestly say that the fantastic hospitality that she and Jim showed us the entire weekend was unbelievable. 
Friday morning, we slept in and then the three of us sat around drinking coffee and visiting in our pj's for over 3 hours.  It was so nice to catch up and have a leisurely morning. We headed to eat at Goldfish, a great sushi restaurant and then went to the Perimeter Mall for some shopping that afternoon.



After shopping, we went to get pedicures and manicures at Jazmin Spa.  It's the most quaint little shop right around the corner from their house.  They live in an area called Little 5 Points and it's absolutely adorable!! 


After some pampering, we went home to change and headed to eat dinner at Fritti.  Jim (Rhonda's husband) had bought us gourmet popsicles, rasperry champagne, and was kindly our chauffer for the weekend.  I am telling you, this guy set the bar VERY HIGH!  :) 

We cleaned up after dinner and got ready for a night out on the town.  We went to the W Hotel for drinks and then went to a place called CosmoLava.  It was a fun night of dancing and we didn't get home until WAY past my bedtime. 



CHEERS!!

Two of my favorite people...Jim and Rhonda

At CosmoLava

Thankfully, the next morning I got to sleep in and Jim, a.k.a. ROCKSTAR, cooked us a massive breakfast full of eggs, bacon, biscuits, grits, etc.  It was delicious!!  The afternoon was full of laziness and movies.  I loved every minute of it.  That night, Jim had bought us tickets to the Braves vs. Cubs game.  YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THESE SEATS!!!  We were in the dugout level, right by the Cubbies.  Although the Braves didn't win, it was probably my favorite thing we did!!  We ate until we were almost sick (chicken tenders, fries, hot dogs, cokes, cotton candy, ice cream, and the list goes on :)


Turner Field










After the game, I was ready to crash.  I know I was only gone for 3 nights, but I cannot tell you how ready I was to see my handsome husband!!  Sunday morning I got on a flight and headed back to L.R.  Thankfully, I arrived right in time to go eat lunch with Matt after church.  We had a big nap afterwards and spent the afternoon just enjoying each other.  It cracks me up when people say we are still in the "honeymoon stage" because we miss each other.  I'm pretty sure that it's just called LOVE!!  :))

I feel blessed that I got to spend time with these girls and am thankful for the safe travels to and from.  Now, I need to get motivated to get through a VERY LONG WEEK!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment