Thursday, September 6, 2012

39 Weeks!!!

Oh wow!!  Today's appointment was great and we are slowly winding down this pregnancy journey.  I am about 50% effaced and dialated to 1 cm.  She has dropped even more since last week and Dr. Phillips told us that if she doesn't make an appearance this weekend, he would induce us next Wednesday, September 12.  Hearing those words made this all SO VERY REAL!!  She is so low that he feels it won't be long once we get the contractions going.  (Blood pressure was 100/60.) 

Truthfully, as we were walking out I was having a mix of many emotions!  (A little apprehension...do we induce or just wait it out?  Excitement...we will be holding our baby in one week!!  Nervous and anxious...IV's, contractions, labor pains.  A little sadness...only 5 more days with just me and Matt.  A little more sadness...I'm going to miss her rolling around in my belly and all those little jabs and pokes.  Happiness...I can't believe she's almost here.)  I don't think I've ever felt this many different emotions at one time!!
 
 
After our appointment, we went to lunch at Jason's Deli and just sat there and stared at each other.  I think we're both in shock with the fact that she will be here in 6 days (or maybe less). I would ask that each of you join us in prayer that our sweet baby girl will be a beautiful, healthy, baby.  I pray that our delivery is safe and easy and all those traveling to be with us during this exciting time will get here safely as well.  Now for my last week of stats....
 
 

How Far Along: 39 weeks

Total Weight Gain: 21.5 lbs

Maternity Clothes: I am down to about 5 outfits that I can wear.  I think I will probably burn these maternity clothes when she arrives.  (Not really, but I don't want to see them again for a very long time!)

Stretchmarks: No

Sleep:  I am up at least 3x in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.  This munchkin is right on my bladder so sleep isn't as great. 

Best Moment of the Week: Hearing that we are making progress...slowly!!  Also hearing the sound of her heartbeat @ 145 bpm today.
 
Food Cravings: Nothing really.  I haven't been eating a whole lot, there really isn't any room and I haven't been very hungry the past week.

Gender: GIRL!!

Labor Signs: Braxton-Hicks contractions all the time and more back pain and lower abdominal pains in the evening, but none of these contractions have been consistent.

Symptoms:  Shortness of breath (but I'm pretty sure it's anxiety), very slow to move anywhere as the lower pressure is unbelievable, and a tiny bit of swelling.
 

Belly Button In or Out: Actually, it's completely out now! :((

Wedding Ring On or Off: Off

Happy or Moody: Happy

Most looking forward to: Wednesday, September 12!!!  I hope Matt and I can enjoy our last weekend together and then welcome our sweet baby girl!!!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment