Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Twas' the Night Before Reese....

Well, it looks like the BIG DAY is tomorrow!!!  I honestly can't believe that in 24 hours we could be holding our sweet gift from God.  I am so anxious and nervous, and of course very excited!!  A little fun fact about me is that I have never been admitted to a hospital, I have never broken a bone, dang...  I have never even had stitches.  With that being said, you can imagine my uneasiness and apprehension right now.
 
 
But, with all of this fear of the unknown, comes a feeling of peace in knowing that God is in control and he is going to take care of us.  I have been praying a lot today that God would give me peace about tomorrow.  I mean who am I kidding...I know I'm not the first woman to ever give birth here. With my amazing husband by my side, our wonderful doctor, a great hospital, my mom and family being here, and an amazing Lord watching over us, I know we are going to be fine.
 
 
We have been so blessed to have numerous friends and family reaching out to us over the past few days, letting us know they are thinking of us and praying for us.  (Aunt Nancie, Aunt Vicki, Aunt Patti, Carrie, Connie Bennett, Tara, Clay and Katie, Papaw and Nana, and Liz, to just name a few).  It's comforting to know that so many people are praying for us and our sweet baby girl. 
 
 
*Side note:  Reese has the hiccups right now and I find myself stopping to take in this sweet moment.  It's something I won't feel again for a while :(  *
 
 
So back to the title of my blog post....  Our day/night before Reese....
We actually slept in until 8:00 (no more of that for years to come ;), enjoyed breakfast on the back porch, and while Matt was at work for a few hours (Epic training), I went to get a mani/pedi.  Gotta have those toes and nails looking good for labor!  :)  Afterwards, I found myself browsing Pier 1 and Hobby Lobby, just killing time.  Brandi, my sis-in-law, called me and I appreciate so much all the advice and encouragement she gave me.  She's pretty much a ROCKSTAR MOM, after doing this 3 times.  Talking to her was definitely what I needed this afternoon.  Matt and I are going out for an early dinner at Outback, and will be in bed before the sun goes down.  We will be up and at 'em around 3:30 since we need to be at the hospital by 5:00.
 
 
Please keep us in your prayers as we begin our journey of parenthood tomorrow!!  We pray daily that God will give us wisdom and patience and we thank him for entrusting this little life in our hands.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment