Tuesday, November 20, 2012

So Very Thankful

Another great weekend around here....  Matt was off on Friday and is so good to watch Reese and let me get mani/pedis, waxes, spray tans, etc.  I, in turn, take over and let him head to the gym for a hard workout.  We make a great team and always try to give each other a little bit of time for ourselves.  I appreciate that man so much!!  :)
 
 
Mom drove into town Friday night.  Dad was fishing in the gulf with some friends, so she came to Little Rock to love on Reese and of course spend some time with her girls ;)  We LOVE having Mimi at the house!!  Friday night, we enjoyed dinner at Alley Oops and Saturday we started our morning with breakfast at Panera.   After breakfast, we gave Matt the afternoon to himself and Mom, Kyndall, Reese, and I went to order Kyndall's wedding invitations and programs.  It was a super fun afternoon.  We then picked up cupcakes at Gigi's (they were incredible!!) and Mom took Reese shopping.  We stocked up on clothes for daycare - she is SET!! 
 
 
Saturday night, we ordered in pizza and addressed all of Kyndall and Blake's 'Save The Dates'.  It was a cozy night of football, family, food and fun.  Sunday morning, we went to early church and then went to Bible class (our first Sunday to try class since having Reese.)  She did so good and slept the entire time.  We went to Copeland's afterwards for brunch and Blake's family joined us as well. 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
Before Mom left to go back to Rogers, she showed us how to make Christmas wreaths.  She went to a class last week and could open up her own business.  The one she made was gorgeous.  I made one of my own and it's much easier than I ever thought!! 
 
 
 
Our wreaths (Mine is not quite done)
 
 

And I have to throw this in...someone is smiling all the time these days!  Love it!!
 
 
 
Again, having my mom in town is such a blessing!!  Her heart is so big and she comes in town and just takes care of everybody!!  I can never express in words how much I love her. 
 
 
I entitled this post "So Very Thankful" because in class on Sunday, people went around the room and talked about what they were thankful for, and it really got me thinking.  I thank God every single day for all the blessings he's given me, but sometimes it's easy to get caught up in "life."  I know we have all been blessed, but this year I am so thankful for many things!
 
 
  • I thank God for my health and for the health of my family.  
  • I thank Him for our greatest blessing this year...a beautiful, healthy, baby girl.
  • I am thankful for a husband who loves me unconditionally and who I have fallen in love with all over again, as I watch him interact with our sweet girl.  He is an amazing father who shares in every bit of responsibility and helps out with EVERYTHING!
  • I thank God for our jobs.  There was a man in our class that works for Hostess and he (along with 18,000 others) got laid off on Friday.  My heart ached for him.  I know it will be tough to go back to work with Reese here now, but I am so very thankful that I have a job to go back to. 
  • I am thankful for my amazing Christian family.  When I think about my life, I thank the Lord for making me a part of a family that really is like no other.  We get along, laugh, love each other (despite our faults), and love the Lord.  Yes, I am talking about my immediate family (Mom, Dad, Landon, Brandi, Matt, Kyndall, and Blake), but also my extended family.  I thank God for our closeness and love EVERY SINGLE DAY!!
 
 
There are other things I am thankful for...the food we eat, the warm beds we sleep in, the friends we are blessed with, the cars we drive, and the clothes we have on our back.  You don't have to look very far to see how blessed you are.  I was reminded of that in church on Sunday morning and I am so thankful that we chose last Sunday to be our first morning back to class. 
 
 
I hope each of you can be thankful this Thanksgiving for all the blessings God has given you!
 

1 comment:

  1. Love your wreaths!! And oh my. Your lil' Reese is just precious. I haven't been on my blog in who knows how long and I realized today how many posts of yours I've missed!! Congratulations on your beautiful little girl (and on having a hubby who gives you much needed time to pamper yourself!!). I hope y'all had a happy Thanksgiving - sounds as if you have much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete