Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving in Louisiana

We had a wonderful time in Monroe celebrating Thanksgiving with Matt's family.  Our 'favorite' was off work on Wednesday, so we left mid-morning, trying to beat some of the traffic.  We actually celebrated Thanksgiving Wednesday night when we got there because Emily and Jack were with Jack's family on Thursday.  Larry and Andree' cooked up a delicious dinner!!  We had ham, two kinds of stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green peas, bread, green bean casserole, salad, two pies, and brownies.  Needless to say, I over ate!!  :)  It was a great night with family and we enjoyed every minute with the sweet kiddos. 
 
 
Thursday was a nice, lazy day for us.  We lounged around after breakfast and then enjoyed leftovers for lunch.  That afternoon, Aunt Saundra and Uncle Clint came over to meet Reese.  (She got to meet cousin Claire, who flew in from Atlanta, the day before)  Thursday evening, Brent and Gina came over to see our baby girl and to visit.  Reese had a full day and by 9:00 was absolutely exhausted!
 
 
Friday morning, we had family pictures taken at 10:00.  I'm so anxious to get them back!!  Matt was on call Saturday, so we headed back to Little Rock after lunch.  We got home right before dark, grabbed some dinner, started laundry, and settled our little munchkin into bed.  (I forgot my memory card to our big camera, and the battery was dead on my digital, so the only pictures I have from Thanksgiving are from the Iphone.) 


Poppy and Reese
 
 

Aunt Em getting some love
 
 

Aunt Saundra has the magic touch
 

 
Matt's been sick with a cold and sore throat so our weekend has been pretty uneventful, which is just fine with me.  I finished putting up the Christmas trees and decorating the house, then finished up my Christmas shopping for Reese.  (Notice I said for Reese only, I still have umpteen more gifts to buy for everyone else;))  Tonight, we are curled up by the fire, eating a warm bowl of chili, watching Home Alone on the family channel and enjoying all the Christmas lights.  (Reese just stares at them in awe - it's precious!)  I'll leave you with a few recent pics of baby girl!!



"Santa's bringing me WHAT for Christmas?"
 
 
 
 
 
 

My little fluffy snowman!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment