Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

I always look at Labor Day as the end of summer.  Fall is my favorite season, but it's the last weekend to soak up some warm sunshine, lounge on the lake, cookout with friends and family, and end another season.  I get a little sad, but then there's college football that cheers me right up!!  That's the best thing about Labor Day. 
 
 
I have to be honest, I haven't really been ready to say good-bye to summer.  I have been wishing it would last just a little bit longer.  And then, I went to Mason's....  I saw all the adorable boots and fall clothing and started to get a little excited.  Fall is just around the corner, but our family definitely had a big Labor Day weekend, soaking up the last days of summer.
 
 
 
We had a BIG morning at Little Gym on Saturday. 
 
 
 
Reese wasn't feeling her best, but still did GREAT!
 
 
 
After Little Gym, we went to Kinsey's First Birthday party!!  It was so much fun and I am so happy to be back so that my girl can grow up with Tara's sweet munchkin. 
 
 
 
After the party, we headed out to the lake.  It was the perfect afternoon!!  We listened to the HOG game and then went back to Mom and Dad's and had burgers. 
 
 
 
I got to meet Aaron, Lindsey's boyfriend for the first time!  Such a great guy.

 
It was great to see Austin again too.  Love our big family so much!!


We didn't get home until 10:00, so we slept in Sunday morning and were planning on going back to the lake, but the storms held us off.  Instead, we met everybody at the Buss Stop in Garfield and ate lunch.  Then, we girls decided to make wreaths.  I've been wanting to get a Razorback one and here it is. 
 
 
 
 
 

You can tell someone was up in the mix of everything!  :))
 
 
 
Sunday night, we went to a cookout with some people from church and had a great time.  Monday was spent sleeping in (which is 7:00 for us these days!! :)) We had breakfast, went on a nice morning walk, ran some errands, enjoyed lunch at P.F. Chang's, and then finished the night at Gigi and Poppa's for swimming and a cookout. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was the perfect Labor Day Weekend!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment