Friday, January 24, 2014

First Trimester Down - Baby Diary #2

The shock that has hit me over the past two days is indescribable.  I've been feeling really weak and tired.  My first thought was that I haven't gotten my flu shot yet and I must be getting sick, GREAT!!   After making a lengthy drive to Eureka Springs for work, nausea hit me and I could barely stay awake.  You've probably guessed where I am going with this.... When I took a pregnancy test on the afternoon of December 4, I was ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED to see that it said "positive."  So shocked that I cried!  I immediately started thinking, "We're not ready for #2," "I didn't plan this," "I LOVE wearing my regular clothes, I hate maternity clothes," "How could this happen when we couldn't have our first baby without fertility drugs?"  Truthfully, I am still trying to adjust to the fact that I am growing a little miracle in my belly.



 
We went to the doctor yesterday to confirm with a urine test that we are in fact PREGNANT.  I am actually going in next week to have an ultrasound because of our previous infertility issues.  This is at my request.  I had an ultrasound with Reese at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, and then again at 12.  I know this time around we will not be as closely monitored, and that's going to be a little hard for me.  I was kind of spoiled with Dr. Phillips, who did whatever we wanted to.  (Gosh, I will miss him...he was FABULOUS in our delivery of Reese!)
I am going to try and document my first 12 weeks of pregnancy within this blog post and then post it when we get to the second trimester.  Right now, nausea is definitely getting stronger, and is worse in the morning. I'm already having to really watch what I eat.  I am guessing we're around 6 weeks, but I will know more on December 11th, after our ultrasound appointment.


December 11 - Today, Matt and I went to the hospital for an ultrasound. We're showing that our little blessing is 6 weeks and 5 days.  Heartbeat was 125 bpm.  Unfortunately, I am showing cysts on one of my ovaries (nothing new for me, I've battled these most of my adult life), but that will account for some painful days ahead.  I got a call from the doctors office that they have also identified a hematoma that is 5.5 mm (extremely small) and this could possibly cause bleeding.  Our prayers (just as they were with Reese) are for a perfectly healthy baby. Matt and I've talked about it, and we don't care if it's a girl or boy, we're just blessed to have another little nugget on the way.

December 19 - We are 8 weeks tomorrow!!! So far, I've had no bleeding and we're thankful for that.  However, I've been so much more nauseated and sick this time around.  Energy is diminished, and I truly have to force myself to eat so that I don't throw up.  Getting through this first trimester is my Christmas wish!!! I just want to feel better.


December 26 - The day after Christmas Matt and I met our OB, Tiffany Weathers. I asked around and she was highly recommended by a few friends of mine.  I had all the normal blood work done and everything came back looking good. We also got to hear the heartbeat with the Doppler. I was shocked the nurse could find it, being only 9 weeks along, but it was such a great sound!
I am becoming more use to the idea of expecting another baby. Dr. Weathers gave me Zofran for the nausea and thank the good Lord above it has helped me tremendously. The vomiting and nausea has been so horrible, it's truly affected my attitude about this whole situation.  It's amazing how much more excited I am about this baby now that I can stomach a few things and am feeling more like myself. We will be 10 weeks on January 3 and will go in for another ultrasound on the 8th to check the hematoma that they are monitoring. We continuously pray for a beautiful, healthy, baby.


January 4 - It's been a rough couple of days.  Matt has been working nights (we're going on night 3) and Reese hasn't been sleeping or napping per her usual self.  When you combine single parenthood, nausea and fatigue from pregnancy, a horrible cold and sore throat, and a toddler that won't sleep, it's a bit rough.  I have been praying that Matt would be able to move to days sooner rather than later. He will HAVE to be off of nights before July 31st, that's for sure! :))


January 8 - We had another ultrasound today and were able to hear the heartbeat and see it flickering on the screen (always an amazing sight to see).  Our little nugget is almost 11 weeks.  We were able to see the arms and legs kicking and moving.  He or she is a mover and a shaker....would NOT quit moving.  I told Matt, maybe that is why I've been so sick?!?  We were also happy to see that the hematoma they were monitoring has gone away, thank you Lord!!  The heartbeat was around 164, and very strong.  We are thanking God for a good appointment!  Here is the first picture of our little guy or girl!! 


 
 
 
January 17 - Things are going good.  We are 12 weeks today and I am SOOO looking forward to the next trimester, where I am praying that I start to feel a LOT better.  On a great news note, Matt has been moved back to days.  This is such an answered prayer for me!!!  He is such a help at night when I've been feeling awful, helping with Reese and so much more.  I'm grateful to his supervisor, Jason, for working with us and understanding that it's been a rough 12 weeks.  I now get to curl up with "my favorite" every night before I fall asleep.  :))
 
 
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment