Monday, January 2, 2017

Closing down 2016....

 This break has been so nice! I am so fortunate to work a job that allows me to slow down at the end of each year to soak up time with my nuggets who are growing too fast.  Reese and Matt had a date night, the week after Christmas. It was the sweetest thing!  She chose one of her new dresses to wear with her new Uggs, and he let her pick the restaurant.  Matt came to the door, rang the doorbell, and had a bouquet of flowers for her.  She chose Chuy's for dinner and they had a wonderful time!






This was my sweet date...we had a little night in. 


Matt and I enjoyed a date night at the Preacher's Son off of the square in Bentonville, while the kids went to Mimi and Pawpaw's for a sleepover. ;)


They had the swankiest bar downstairs...I loved it.


My handsome date!


For NYE, we stayed in and ordered pizza and salads from Bariola's and just snuggled up by the tree. The older I get, the less likely I will be staying awake until midnight.  I think the last 3 years, Matt and I have both been asleep when the clock strikes 12. We had our hats and noisemakers and were ready to celebrate...all the way til 8:00, when the kids went to bed. 









New Years Day, we got up and went to church.  In my opinion, there is no better way to start a new year than worshiping our Lord with fellow Christians.  It was a wonderful morning, topped off with naps for everybody after lunch at Taziki's.  The weather was actually pretty nice that afternoon, with temperatures hitting 60 degrees.  We went for a quick walk to enjoy some sunshine. 





2016 was a great year for our sweet family!  We are looking forward to all the adventures that 2017 will hold.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!





No comments:

Post a Comment