Tuesday, January 3, 2017

New Years Resolutions

I've never really been one for making resolutions.  Sure, I have the same goals as everyone else... eat healthier foods, exercise more, give back more frequently, etc.  But as far as writing them down, it's been at least 5 years since I've done that.  This year, I've decided to do things a little differently. I'm making a list.  My list includes a lot of different things.  I know each of us is in a different season of life, so some of these things may seem unusual to you, but they work for me. 

1. Read more.  I've been inspired by my two cousins, Kristen and Jocelyn, who read all the time.  I love it, and I've decided to take time to disconnect from social media before bed and focus on a good book.

2. Lose 10 pounds.  I don't say this in a "I'm fat and need to lose weight" way.  I say this in a "I want to tone up and get back to my weight before 2 kids" way. I'm going to be 37 this year and I've got two active kiddos to keep up with.  I have to be healthy for them. 

3. Eat cleaner.  You guys, I cater lunches in almost every day to physician's offices and EVERY DAY we have dessert.  I HAVE to cut out the chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and cheesecake that I can eat every day. So, I'm starting there.  ;)

4. Eat dinner together as a family.  Right now, our kids are 4 and 2 and we sit down each night together to eat.  We go around the table and each tell what our favorite part of the day was and what we are thankful for at that moment.  This is honestly the best part of my day. I love listening to my sweet girl talk about how she's thankful for her warm bed and her brother.  Brooks always says he's thankful for his trains. :) I want to continue this little tradition for as long as possible because I know the day will come when sports, homework, dance, or whatever it may be will interfere with our eating together. 

5. I want to do a better job of LISTENING to the Lord.  In a world where it can be so easy for us to compare ourselves to others, it is essential to tune out the voice of Satan.  Don't let him steal your joy!!  I choose every day to wake up and thank God that I have an awesome job to go work, that I have a roof over my head, can afford to feed my family, have a supportive, Christian husband and two beautiful, healthy kiddos. It's all about perspective!!  Be thankful EVERY DAY for what God has given you. Sadly enough, it can be gone in the blink of an eye.  I choose happiness and I choose to wake each day LISTENING to Him.  What does He need from me?  How do I need to minister to others TODAY?  Don't get me wrong, there will be days when Satan will throw his darts, and do his best to bring me down.  Honestly, there may be days when he does...but as long as my hope and my faith lies in Jesus, I will start the next day fresh and new and listening to Him. 


These are just a few of my personal resolutions.  I figured since I haven't technically made any in 5 years, I'll start here.  Next year, I can look back and read this blog and see how I did.  ;)
















No comments:

Post a Comment