Tuesday, July 4, 2017

GOD is FAITHFUL

My beautiful cousin, Lindsay, is 33 weeks pregnant with her first child, a beautiful baby boy who they are naming Eli. Two weeks ago she received some devastating news that she has stage 3 breast cancer. She received the news on a Thursday, and the following Tuesday had her first round of chemo. The doctors will be taking Eli early, at 36 weeks, to give Lindsay the opportunity to receive the maximum dose of treatment in order to shrink the tumor. 

Let me tell you a little bit about Lindsay.  She is one of the most God-fearing women I have ever met.   For being 31 years old, she has a faith that can move mountains.  Lindsay has always been this way, even before her diagnosis.  She carries herself as a strong Christian woman and I've always had such respect for her.  I know that the Lord is going to take care of Lindsay and sweet baby Eli.  She has thousands of prayer warriors bringing her before God every day.  This will be a journey that will make her stronger than ever as she travels this road.  

There is a song by Casting Crowns, called "Just be Held"... and there's a verse in the song that says, "your life is not falling apart, it's falling into place."  I've never thought of trials and hardships in this light.  It has challenged me to look at things differently. 

I would ask that you would please join me in praying for a safe delivery for Eli, that Lindsay would be completely cured of this cancer, and that Aaron, her husband would be given the strength and courage he needs to be her rock.






"I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see" - 2 Corinthians 5:1

"Now then stand still and see this great thing the Lord is about to do right before your eyes." -
I Samuel 12:16

"I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." - 
Isaiah 46:4

"The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still." - Exodus 14:14

"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid.... Do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9




No comments:

Post a Comment