Tuesday, July 25, 2017

My Baby Boy is 3!!

Brooks Vaughn...how in the world are you three years old?!  I know that they say time flies, but really, I cannot believe my sweet baby boy just turned 3.  You are growing before my eyes, SO MUCH!  Since you've had tubes in your ears, nine months ago, your vocabulary has exploded.  You have your own sweet demeanor, yet have a temper that can flare up when your sister presses your buttons.  Here are some of the things I want to remember about you at this precious age.


Before you tell someone bye or before we go to bed, you always say "I need a kiss and hug" It is the sweetest thing. 


You still want to hold my hand when I lay down with you for a nap, or at night for bed. 


You have really been loving summer session at MDO and you take off running to your classroom every day when we walk in. :)


You love to be outside! Your face gets so red because you get so hot easily, but it doesn't seem to phase you. 


You have done a great job potty training.  We are officially out of diapers and your pull ups are dry in the morning when you get up.  I'm crossing my fingers that this is it!!  


You are slimming up and losing all that baby fat. It makes me happy to see you growing so strong, but sad to know you are no longer a baby.


You still sneak downstairs in the middle of the night (EVERY NIGHT) and get into our bed. I secretly love it!


You love building a house/fort and one of your favorite places to curl up and watch a movie is among all the pillows on our bed. You bury yourself behind them.


You still have your "lovey" that you ask for every night.  And we are getting rid of the pacifier very soon.  (Judge all you want!)  You only ask for it at bed time. I'm not stressing over it. :)


You still LOVE all things train, Paw Patrol, Mickey Mouse, and of course Nemo and Dory.


Time can slow down at any moment.  It's hard for me to believe that 3 years ago today, we were bringing you home from the hospital.


Brooks Vaughn, you bring so much joy to our life and I thank God every day for allowing me to be your mother.  I pray that you will ALWAYS look to the Lord, let Him guide you.  Never lose faith in Him.  Mommy and Daddy will always be here for you, will always love you, and will always have your best interest at heart.

Happy Birthday Baby Boy!!!   












No comments:

Post a Comment