Monday, December 31, 2018

2018.... A Year of Blessings

For some reason I couldn't sleep last night. I laid in bed just reflecting on 2018, and what a wonderful year of blessings. At first I began thinking about all the great experiences we had. Our family trips to Monroe, our couples trip to Atlantis in the Bahamas in April, our weekend get aways to Branson in the summer and at Christmas, and my personal favorite...our family trip to Disney World. Lots of memories made on every one of those trips.






















And then I started thinking about what I’m thankful for from a different perspective. This perspective doesn’t involve spending money, going places, or buying things. When I think back over 2018, it's these things that stand out as being of true importance to me. 


What a blessing to welcome my nephew, sweet Garner, into our family this year.



 I’m thinking of how great Reese has adjusted to Kindergarten and how much she is excelling. She LOVES going to school, and for that I am thankful. 




I'm thankful for our life group at church.  These people are our support group through thick and thin.  This year specifically, I'm extremely grateful for God's love and watchful care over David Bradley, one of our dearest friends who is fighting brain cancer.  








I’m thankful to have spent Christmas Day with both of my grandmothers. 




I’m beyond grateful for my 3 college girlfriends that I get to talk to every day (thank you Marco Polo). These girls keep me grounded and we encourage and challenge each other as we walk with the Lord and grow closer to Him.  I cannot wait for our trip to Sedona in early 2019.





Every morning I’m thankful for the two little smiling faces that I get to wake up to. It’s been a big year of growth for both of my babies, and I’m so proud of them. 




I’m thankful for another year with family. Our health is one of the most important things in the world to me, and I know that things can change in a second, so I will always be grateful for another year of good health. 




And last, but not least, the amazing man I get to lay my head down next to each night. I thank God multiple times a day for Matt, his compassionate heart, his guiding hand, and his love for the Lord. I’m beyond blessed to call him mine! 







As I think about a new year beginning, it’s exciting (and it always makes me a little anxious too.) I think it’s the unknown. As we close this year out, I am forever thankful for another healthy year with the people I love most.  I'm thankful that the Lord forgives me when I fall short, and that I will always be a child of His.  


I ordered my new Erin Condren planner for 2019 and chose this verse in the Bible on the front cover.  "Set your mind on things above" - Colossians 3:2.  I know it is easy to get wrapped up in the worldly busyness of life.  This year I want a clear reminder EVERY DAY that it's not about me.  (And I thought what better way than on the planner that I live by, that is in front of my face at least 20x a day.)


I also want to read more. In the evenings, after the kids have gone to bed, I don't want to scroll through social media, I want to spend time in a book.   I want to be more present. This is probably a goal for so many of us because it's easy to focus on the cell phone versus something else.  But by being more present, I can strengthen relationships, get to know a person who needs a word of encouragement, spend more time in prayer, and so many other things that truly matter.  


This life is a gift, every day is a gift.  I pray God's greatest blessings on all of you as you go through 2019! May it be a year of love, joy, and laughter. 










No comments:

Post a Comment