Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Christmas Recital

Reese started taking piano lessons in September.  I know it’s only been four months, but so far she’s loving it.  I started taking lessons when I was four, from Betty Sutton at Carrousel Studio in Rogers. I took until I graduated from high school.  It was one of those things where my parents said you can try different sports or recreational activities, but you will ALWAYS take piano. There were times I hated it, but I’m so thankful and grateful that they pushed me. It taught me how to read music.  Honestly, when I get stressed out with the busyness of life, there’s something about sitting down at the piano and playing that makes all my worries melt away. It’s therapeutic for me. 

Anyways, Reese is taking lessons from Summer Roller, the sweetest girl who bought Carrousel Studio from Betty.  She takes lessons in the same building that I grew up taking lessons in. There’s something so surreal about walking in there every week. It takes me back to my childhood, and I love it. Ms. Miriam also helps teach. 

They had their Christmas recital on Sunday, December 16, and Reese was the first one to play. She walked right up there like she owned the place.  Just marched up to the piano in front of everyone and sat down to play Jingle Bells.  We’re so proud of her. She did absolutely wonderful!!
























This picture is probably my favorite.  Rachel captured it.  Reese was looking back at me, smiling, and I was giving her two thumbs up.  I'm so proud of her!!






No comments:

Post a Comment