Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Quiet Nights

The picture above is one of my favorites.  I love this man so much!!  I am thankful for a lot of things on a daily basis, but what I enjoy most is coming home after a busy day to Matt.  I can't believe today is Wednesday, the week is flying by.  He was in school, I was at work.  Afterwards, he went to the gym and I took a break from running this week and got a massage and  a mani/pedi.  Very much needed :)  We picked up pizza for dinner and are now getting ready to wind down. 

I love our nights at home because they consist of spending quality time together.  Matt and I are reading through the Bible together this year.  I think it's really cool that through our first year of marriage, we get to share this.  I have grown up in the church, know (mostly) all the Bible stories, and have read many different books of the Bible, but have never read the whole thing cover to cover.  We are in Psalms right now and I can truly say there is nothing better than closing your eyes at night next to the person you love after reading the Bible together and praying to God. God has blessed our lives so richly!  It is the quiet nights that I cherish and thank Him for.

No comments:

Post a Comment