Sunday, May 9, 2010

BBQ, Baggo and a Beautiful Day

Well, this weekend will go down in the books as one of the best weekends I've had in a long time.  It was full of friends, food and fun!  Eva and Ceci came in town from AZ and Clay, Jeni and the boys were in town from Monroe.  We love it when people come to visit! Friday was filled with a low-key dinner at ZaZa's and then over to Clint and Sarah's to visit with the Monroe crew.  I got to meet Kam for the first time (a beautiful baby boy who is as sweet as can be). 

Matt and I slept in Saturday morning (our favorite thing to do), grabbed a bite, shopped for a bit and then headed to Jules and Jason's last engagement party.  It was from 2-10p.m.  Yes, some people may think that  is way too long of a party, but when you invite over 200 individuals, you need some time to visit with everyone :) We had the best time!  Matt and I couldn't be more blessed to have SO MANY amazing friends!! Below are some pictures of the party.
                                          Lovin on Matt
                         The Gorgeous Couple Soon to be Wed
                                         Beautiful Girls!
                                         Kyndall Has Arrived


                         Nothing like a picture by the porta-pottys!
                     Matt and me warming up for the baggo tournament
                    Can never have enough pictures of your sister...
                    Yes, the boys roasted a pig...it was huge!
                                               Alana and Me

The party was a huge success. There were about 175 people there to celebrate Julianna and Jason. We didn't stay until 10:00, we went back to Sarah and Clint's to visit with Clay and Jeni before going home.  Below is a pic of the boys right before we headed home.

                                       Clay, Clint and Matt

Today we went to early service at church and then to our Bible class.  We had brunch with Kyndall (this is our regular routine) and my parents and grand-parents stopped by the house this afternoon (they were in Nashville this wknd and were driving back through).  I was able to give my mom a hug around the neck and tell her Happy Mother's Day.  I am so blessed to have the BEST mom in the world.  She has been my mentor, my guidance and my best friend. 

                                         Love you Mom!!

Now to get ready for another week. I am headed to Nashville tomorrow for a conference and then back to LR on Tuesday.  It's a quick trip (but I like those best because I only have to be away from Matt one night). Next weekend I am looking forward to Brandi's baby shower for my sweet niece Emma (I'll be making a trip to 3 Monkeys on Saturday:) and of course I can't wait to see Brynlee Claire.  I love being an aunt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment