Sunday, November 7, 2010

Monroe Funroe!!!

We are now in for the night, with a full house of food, finishing up laundry and thrilled to have had such a nice weekend with Matt's family.  Matt and I got to Louisiana, Friday night around 6:00, just in time for some FABULOUS shrimp etouffee that his dad makes.  (There is one problem when I go to see Matt's family, I eat my weight in food!  They always have such good cajun meals, I cannot resist.  My tummy is still recovering!)  Jack was coaching his last game, so Emily brought the kids over and we played for most of the night.  I can't even begin to describe how fast these little munchkins are growing.  I am so blessed to be a part of such an amazing family and to have another niece and two nephews who have this girl wrapped around their fingers. 

Saturday was spent sleeping in, enjoying coffe on the bayou and fishing with the boys.  Matt and I ran around that afternoon (I bought a couple more things to decorate the house with for Christmas...as if THAT was needed :) and that night everybody came over to the house for steaks, potatoes, veggies and lots of dessert.  Jack, Em, Matt and I were going to head out for a little bit of fun, but decided that staying all curled up at the house sounded much better.  We enjoyed a great morning at church and spent the afternoon enjoying more time with the kiddos. I am looking forward to heading back to Monroe in a couple of weeks for Thanksgiving. Here are some pictures of the kids... 

Sam Wyatt (almost 2) and Jack Henry (almost 4). A rare moment of them standing still (I'm pretty sure a bribe was involved)

Yes, he's an LSU fan, but in this jersey (which has his name on the back) he is a "Lazorback".  Aunt Kia was very proud!

Olivia Kate with her "fake smile" 

Now this is genuine and silly :)

Sam Wyatt's ready for some fishing!

Jack Henry with his pole

He again, wore his jersey on Saturday night...he had to, the HOGS were playing!

I had to get a picture of Olivia Kate this morning after church, her little outfit was adorable!!!

Well, I can already tell that one day I will be one of those annoying moms who is always wanting pictures.  I just never get enough of my nieces and nephews, so I can't imagine what life will be like with my own.

A lot of fun things in store for this week...date night tomorrow, a massage and mani/pedi on Wednesday, dinner and drinks at The Capital/WICKED on Thursday with Kyndall, and then it's the weekend again!!

Have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment