Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and I can't believe it's already come and gone.  This year has gone by so fast.  Although this is the first time in 30 years that I was not with my immediate family on Thanksgiving Day, I was blessed to have such an amazing time with my other family, the Fitzgerald's.  Matt and I drove to Monroe Wednesday night.  Emily, Jack and the kids came over for salad and pizza.  We had lots of fun playing with the kiddos after dinner. 

The picture below is of Jack Henry in Matt's old football jersey.  Matt went to high school at a private school called River Oaks in Monroe.  They were the Mustangs.  Since Jack Henry is obsessed with football jerseys, helmets, the whole nine yards...Matt thought he would give him his old jersey.  (side note: The Mustangs won the state championship on Saturday night!! :)  It was adorable...Jack Henry wanted to put this jersey on as soon as he saw it. 


Thanksgiving Day was a great day spent with lots of family, while eating lots of food, and watching football and Christmas movies.  I ate so much lunch on Thursday that I didn't eat again until Friday at 2:30!!  I was so full, but it was SOO good!  Friday morning, Matt and I got up to get some Starbucks and then the whole family headed to the Christmas Tree Farm to pick out trees.  Now personally, I have nothing but pre-lit trees in our house and I love them.  But, I can't remember ever going to a farm like this when I was little and it was the coolest thing!  I think that every family should have the experience of picking out a real Christmas tree.  Below are lots of pictures from this special day.

JH with his bear claw gloves :)

Olivia Kate

Sam Wyatt looked adorable in his little polo and corduroys :)

All three of them with their hats and mittens before we left for the Christmas tree farm

 I had to get a close up of the bear hat...it was hilarious!

 OK and I were singing Christmas carols in the back of the van

Jack Henry ready to ride the "train"

Olivia Kate

 Uncle Matt and Sam Wyatt feeding the goats

I love JH's face

All bundled up...

Love this picture of Emily and Matt



Sam Wyatt loved the hay ride



Emily tagging their Christmas tree

Family Pic

Friday night, Andree' kept the kids while Jack, Emily, Matt and I went out.  We had dinner at Kyoto (sushi) and then went to Portico for drinks afterwards.  It was such a great night!!  Matt and I are ready for them to make another trip to Little Rock! 

Saturday morning, Matt and I left with great intentions of going to tailgate and watch the game, but I wasn't feeling so hot when we got home so needless to say we spent the afternoon watching the game on the couch.  WHAT AN AWESOME GAME!!  Matt was not as happy as I was since he loves some LSU, but I went to bed with a smile on my face :)

Today has been a busy day getting ready for another week.  Matt has a test this Tuesday and then finals coming up.  We are both looking forward to a nice long break for Christmas.  My last day for the year is December 17.  I will have 17 days off of work!!  This is one excited girl!

Hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving and you were able to count your blessings this week!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment