Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend Recap

Coming home after spending such an amazing weekend in Rogers is bittersweet!  It's great to be home, but we had so much fun I didn't want to leave!  Thank goodness this week is a short one.  :)

We drove in Friday night and went straight to Table Mesa in Bentonville (great restaurant on the square).  We met Amanda and Chad and Matt and Holly.  WHAT A FUN NIGHT!!!  We literally sat there for over three hours, laughing and having the best time.  I am SO VERY thankful for good friends!!



Saturday morning, Matt had to study for a test on Monday (poor guy).  So Mom, Kyndall and I met Brandi and the girls at Panera for some yummy breakfast.  Oh how I love these girls! 

Mimi and Brynlee Claire


Emma Grace

While Brandi took the little munchkins home for a nap, Mom, Kyndall and I went shopping.  I can truly say that one of my favorite things in the world is to spend the day shopping with my mom and sister (and Brandi when she is able to come along-we missed her today.)  We have so much fun, are constantly laughing, and usually come home with great new purchases :)  I love it even more during this time of year.  All the Christmas music playing, lights and trees everywhere, drinking a hot apple cider...everything about it makes me so happy!! 

After a full afternoon of shopping, we came back to the farm (my parents' house).  Landon, Brandi and the girls came up too.  We played outside, rode four-wheelers, put up the Christmas tree, watched the HOGS play and had chili and soup for dinner.  I think it was the coziest night we have had all year!!

Emma all bundled up

Aunt Bee and Brynlee

 My beautiful sis-in-law

Brynlee helping me "walk" Jovie :)

"Aunt Bee, you are quite the artist!"


Four-wheelers

Just chillin' with Uncle Matt

Brynlee loves to color

Look at those Big Baby Blues!!

Wondering what her Aunt Kia is doing...

Love that sweet smile!!

Brynlee was helping Mimi make cheesecake :)

"Quick, I have to shove this chocolate in my mouth before Mimi sees me."


 Sunday morning we went to church with the fam in Bentonville.  After class, we came home and Dad grilled some of his red fish that he caught a few weeks ago while fishing in the gulf.  It was delicious!!  By the time the girls were down for naps and everyone else was winding down, it was time for us to hit the road.  Kyndall, Matt and I got back to Little Rock around 7:00 last night.  Needless to say, I fell asleep at 9:00.  I was exhausted!

Today after I finished up at my last office, I spent the afternoon going to the grocery store, Target, Fifth Season for a wedding gift, dropped off clothes at Goodwill, and went to the dentist (no cavities :)  Now that I'm thinking about it, it was a VERY productive day.  I am now ready to curl up, cook dinner, enjoy a glass of wine and a quiet night in with my sweet husband!!

Hope everyone has a good SHORT week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment