Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back to Life...Back to Reality

It's amazing to me how quickly things pick up after vacation...we're right back in the swing of things and lots more!  Right now, I am typing while looking outside at the beautiful snowflakes falling.  There's already two inches on Matt's truck and it's supposed to continue like this through the night.  They have closed schools tomorrow, therefore I will be working from home.  I LOVE days when I can work all day in my pjs. :) 

Anyways...we've been busy around here!!  Matt's had two tests and I was in Indianapolis all last week for meetings.  I had a great time with my team, despite the fact that it was SUPER cold and snowing...plus I was running on about 5 hours of sleep a night and fighting bronchitis/sinus infection.  I was thrilled to fly home on Friday.  I was so tired Matt and I ordered in and I was asleep before 10:00.  You know you are exhausted when you sleep 14 hours without waking up!!  Because I was gone all week, Saturday was full of cleaning the house, Target, Home Depot (we're re-painting one of our guest bedrooms), grocery shopping, Sephora, and the list goes on.  I was excited to be done with it all and enjoy a night at Cantina Laredo with Matt and Kyndall.  Afterwards, we went over to Sarah and Clint's house.  Jeni and Clay were in town visiting from Monroe, so the six of us sat around the fire and had a great time catching up.  Sarah and Clint are expecting their first baby boy in March.  We are getting very excited to meet little Ross who will join us in less than 8 weeks :)

Today, we spent the morning at church.  Pleasant Valley Church of Christ has a theme this year called Project Love.  It focuses on reaching out to the community through different acts of love.  I really think that it's the coolest thing!  This month we have a project called the ten-ton project that consists of providing ten tons of food to those who are in need.  It was awesome to see all the canned goods, boxed foods, etc. this morning...and this was just the first Sunday we have done it.  I am looking so forward to going through this journey with Matt and our amazing church!  Afterwards, Matt and I enjoyed brunch and came back home only to be in for a little while before all the snow started.  I am pretty sure we will not be going anywhere for a while. 

Hope everyone had a good first week getting back into the groove of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment