Sunday, January 23, 2011

Busy Days with a Splash of Fun

Well, it's been a very hectic week but we've been squeezing in a little bit of fun too.  Tuesday night we celebrated Matt's birthday at Cafe' Prego.   His choice...and might I add a good one!  It's a quiet and quaint local restaurant here in Little Rock with great Italian food.

~ Happy 34th Birthday Matt ~

The rest of the week was spent with Matt taking tests and me focusing on trying to play catch up with my docs (since I've been in meetings and we had the couple of snow days.)  Needless to say, we were glad to see the weekend!  Friday night I met Kyndall and Charla for a drink at the Fountain for happy hour, then Matt and I ordered in pizza.  I love the feeling of knowing it's Friday and I don't have to get up on Saturday morning.  I slept in, my poor better half was up studying at 7:30 and spent the day at the library.  On days that he has to hole up and study, I try to plan some fun things to do.  I started my Saturday at Indulgences Day Spa.  I had a facial, hand/foot treatment, a lip exfoliation, and ended with a Swedish massage.  It was heavenly!!  Afterwards, I decided to do a little shopping. (Ladies, if you are looking for some nice shirts for your guy, Dillards was having a huge sale of 30-50% off long-sleeved Perry Ellis and Thomas Dean shirts and Polos)  Matt racked up and didn't even have to set foot in the mall! 

Saturday night we had reservations at YaYa's with some of  my favorite people!!  What a great time!!

Waiting patiently for our reservations...


Chance and Matt

Corie and I by the fountain

Sabrina, Jules and David joining us

All the girls
These pictures are kind of dark, but you get the idea...a GREAT night!

This morning we went to late service so Matt could get up and study a couple of extra hours.  Afterwards, we made a run to the grocery store and went straight home so he could study some more.  I sware, I am so ready for him to be done with school...and not for selfish reasons.  Yes, I miss our lazy Sunday afternoons curled up on the couch, our late nights of going to the movies, or our random date nights during the week.  But he is working SO HARD, I am just ready for him to see the end result. I am so proud of him!!  We have been so blessed these past (almost :) two years.  Matt's been able to solely focus on school and I've been blessed to have a fantastic job with a phenomenal company.  I often pause when I start thinking about it all and just thank God.  HE IS THE ONE WHO HAS MADE ALL THIS POSSIBLE.

We're getting ready for another VERY busy week.  Matt has two tests and clinicals in the ICU and I have a ride-a-long with my boss and my interim review.  We are looking SOO forward to a weekend in Rogers.  It's going to be jam packed with loving on two sweet little girls!  Aunt Kia can't wait to see you Brynlee Claire and Emma Grace!!!

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment