Monday, June 27, 2011

Hawaii - Part Two

Tuesday night we spent the evening at Paradise Cove for a Luau.  It was so much fun.  Not only did they have great food and a fantastic show, but there were so many activities for people to do. 


Gorgeous views



Matt spear throwing...

Nice Form!


This kid climbed a forty foot tree for coconuts while barefoot.

When he got to the top, he dropped all these beautiful flowers.

We learned to Hula dance...

and how to throw nets to catch fish.


Pulling the pig out of the ground, after it had cooked all day (it was actually VERY good!)


The show they put on while we ate...

They were great!



 
Wednesday and Thursday, we spent lying on the beach.  Wednesday afternoon we went parasailing.  This was my fifth time to do this, but Matt had never been.  I am pretty sure he LOVED it!!

His face cracks me up here...not so sure about this!


Having a great time...

No Hands!

Our REAL funny captain...Jason :)


Of course the planes weren't that close, but I didn't like this part at all.  They were so loud!

Of all the times I have parasailed, I have NEVER been up as high as we were here.

DUNK


And another round...



Warming up...the water was a little cold that day

 

 
This is what we did for the rest of the trip :)


 
Our last night...

We spent it sitting on the beach, after dinner at Duke's, watching the waves




Diamond Head in the background

One more picture of the first thing we would see when we got up every morning. 

 
 I told Matt we are going to have to get a sound machine with waves because I am now use to falling asleep listening to the ocean.  We got back home Friday afternoon and couldn't have had a more perfect trip.  I am so thankful for it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment