Monday, July 11, 2011

Lazy Weekend

This weekend was so nice!!  I think after being gone on vacation, two busy weeks at work, and celebrating the 4th, we were glad to have a few of days with nothing planned.  These are a couple of my favorite things about this past weekend....
  •  Dinner at ZaZa's Friday night
  •  Sleeping in until 10:00 Saturday morning
  •  A massage and mani/pedi
  •  Date night with Matt at the movies (we saw Horrible Bosses and it was HYSTERICAL!!)
  •  Church service/Bible class
  •  Sunday night devotional

Overall it was a chill weekend, and we needed one of those.  This week is busy as usual, but on an exciting note...Matt starts his new job this week.  He begins orientation today at the hospital and already has his work schedule through August.  I know he's excited!! 

I have done my cleanse now for four days.  I have lost 5 lbs. and am not going to continue the remaining 7 days.  All I have to say is, boy does it work!!!  I haven't been very hungry (except for the first day) and actually didn't mind the cleansing days at all.  Once I hit the 5 lb. mark, Matt said that was enough!!  I agreed.  Now the real test will be can I continue to eat healthy and keep it off :))

Before I close this post I want to ask that each of you please pray for a man at our church named Eric Stripling.  He's married to a great woman and has four children.  They found a brain tumor on Wed. of last week and removed it Friday, only to find out it's stage 4 cancer.  He is an honorable man of God and takes a very active role at our church here in Little Rock.  I know if you are like me, you each have a prayer list that, at times, can seem miles long.  However, I would ask that you add this family to yours. Our God is a MIGHTY God and I know he hears every prayer. 

Hope you all have a fantastic week!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment