Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend

We had another wonderful weekend, blessed with our fabulous family and filled with LOTS and LOTS of fun!!!  I took off Friday and Matt and I drove into Rogers on Thursday night to stay with Landon and Brandi.  On our way into Fayetteville, we stopped by Curt and Sara Davis' house.  Sara cooked some delicious enchiladas and we all enjoyed a great dinner and catching up.  It was so good to see them!

Friday morning, I woke up to my two sweet nieces!!  I love these little faces.  We made some Fourth of July cupcakes to take down to the dock that afternoon.  Brynlee was quite the little helper!!

Emma Grace

Brynlee with the sprinkles (her favorite)



Can't wait to eat her cupcake!!

After naps and cupcakes, we headed down to the private dock where Landon and Brandi keep their boat for some fun and swimming.  These girls are like fish...they LOVE the water!!


Sweet little face...

A little snack before some swimming





Brynlee loved swimming with Uncle Matt

Keeping cool in the pool


Brandi's sweet niece, Kate, played for the afternoon


Landon joined the fun after work


That night we took the boat to the marina to get JJ's for dinner.  We had a relaxing night back at the house.  Saturday morning, we loaded up and went to Mom and Dad's (they drove in from Destin late Friday night).  We headed out on the lake that afternoon to enjoy their new pontoon boat!!  Our cousin, Justin, came in town for the fun too!! (Heads Up...TONS of pictures below :)


Kyndall and Charla soaking up some rays


Mimi and Brynlee

Captain Reece

Kyndall and Charla mastered the art of tubing



Pawpaw and Brynlee

Matt and Me



Matt and Justin showing off some mad skill :))





Emma taking over the wheel :)


Saturday night, Uncle Jack, Aunt Patti, Carrie, Lindsay and Michael came in town with their boat.  We ordered in pizzas and had the best time laughing, watching movies, and just being together.  I grew up being very close to all of my cousins.  It means the world to me that we are all still so close, even though we are grown and have moved off in different directions.  Our time is precious and full of fun whenever we can get together.  Sunday morning, we had a small devo at Mom and Dad's house and then we were back out on the lake!!!

Linds, Patti and Carrie

Kyndall and Justin

The littlest Captain









Double-stuffed Oatmeal Creme pies...his favorite!

Landon and Matt tubing (right before Matt lost his brand new RayBans)

Brandi, Carrie and I ready for the waves (I am SO sore today...a reminder that I am not 21 anymore)

 






The girls LOVED driving the boat. Sunday night we grilled out hamburgers and hot dogs and just enjoyed each other's company. There's something to be said for the weekends that are full of bathing suits, no make-up, no fixing of the hair, or wearing of anything nice.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to dress up in pretty clothes, but this past weekend was PERFECT!!  :)) 

Monday morning it was storming, making it much easier to get around and head back to Little Rock.  I didn't feel like I was missing another sunny day on the water. 

Lola, Barb, Ruby and Edna





All in all, it was one of those weekends that was absolutely fantastic!  To me, family is the most important thing on this earth.  I truly cherish every minute I get to spend with any of my family (or Matt's family).  God has so richly blessed us by not only giving us a wonderful immediate family, but an extended family that I would do anything for.  Love you all to pieces!!  I hope everyone of you had a July 4th as memorable as we did!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment