Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Whole Lot of Catch Up!!

WOW!!  You can always count on us to be staying busy!!  Last weekend we were in Monroe.  We got to see Jack, Em and the kids before they headed off to FL on Saturday.  The rest of our weekend was spent enjoying time with Matt's mom and dad.  I LOVED sitting on the back porch overlooking the bayou, listening to the fans hum and reading my nook. It was a perfect weekend!

Now let me back up a little bit.... On Thursday, July 14, my team had the opportunity to work at Camp Aldersgate here in Little Rock with children who battle Type I Diabetes.  It was an awesome experience!  We spent the day fishing with the kids down on the dock.  It was a great teambuilder for us as well, since we have so many new members.  We also got a chance to meet Kris Freeman, who is an Olympic cross-country skier for the USA team.  He has diabetes and is a spokesperson for Lilly.  

Our team with Kris

Mark was reeling in catfish right and left!!

Steph and Rhonda

Marcus helping this sweet guy catch some fish



I had to get this picture...Nicki had never seen a catfish. (She's from Ohio.) As soon as she reeled one in, it pooped all over her shirt and hand!  I was dying laughing, she was such a good sport! :))

On another exciting note, Clay and Katie (our good friends from Shreveport) welcomed their beautiful baby girl, Annah Kate on July 15.  Weighing 7.9 lbs and looking exactly like her mama!!!

We can't wait to meet her!!!

Tuesday night, July 19, we got together to celebrate Julianna's birthday!!  Jason grilled steak kabobs with potatoes, and bread.  And of course we sang 'Happy Birthday' and enjoyed some ice cream cake too.  Julianna is one of my closest friends in the world.  I love this girl and would do absolutely anything for her.  It was a perfect night, sitting on the patio, eating dinner with great friends. 




Eva, Julianna's sister was in town with her little girl, Cecilia!




Rinn and Ceci loving some ice cream cake

HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!



A little after-dinner drink on the patio....

I think this was our last picture.  By this point, we were all just gross and sweaty.


It's been a busy week and truthfully, I can't believe it's just Wednesday!!  COME ON FRIDAY!  Matt is working 3 days on this weekend, so I have a list of projects that I am going to get done around here. 
Happy Hump Day!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment