Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Weekend Full of EVERYTHING

We had an awesome and eventful weekend around here, but first let me say that I am SUPER EXCITED that this week is only a three day work week.  I love the holiday season and I'm looking forward to spending some time with my family.

Friday night, one of my old team members came in town, Paul Mingus.  A group of us met him at Cajun's Wharf for the U2 coverband, called UZoo.  They were great!!  We had a fun time "letting our hair down" for a couple of hours.  




Mark and Rhonda


So good to see PAUL!!







 
Saturday, we slept in until 9:00 (which was so nice) and then headed down to War Memorial Stadium to tailgate before the game.  The weather was perfect!  After watching the first half there, we left and came home to watch the rest of the game on our comfy couches.  The HOGS brought home another "BIG W!"









My old neighbor, Timmy T - so good to see this guy!!


Jules and Shelly


Kyndall and Charla

 

After the game, Matt and I cleaned up and went to The Butcher Shop for a very nice dinner.  We enjoyed a couple glasses of Pinot Noir, filet mignon, twice baked potatoes, salads, chocolate creme brulee'...needless to say this kid was DONE after that.  It was so good!!  Some of my favorite nights are just quiet, romantic dinners with my sweet husband.



After dinner, Matt was out like a light because he had to work at the hospital on Sunday.  I, however, could not take my eyes off the OU/Baylor game.  BAYLOR PLAYED AN AMAZING GAME!  I was so excited to see Oregon lose to USC and went to bed with a smile on my face after Baylor beat OU.  Can we say HOGS ranked at #3?!?!

After church this morning, I went to eat brunch with the girls at 1620.  This afternoon, Kyndall and I went to see 'The Nutcracker Ballet' @ Robinson Center Music Hall.  I had forgotten the story line since I hadn't seen it since I was a kid.  We had a great time - love making memories with my sister!!


And yes, we were there a little early obviously...I promise we weren't the only two people there ;)


I'm winding down, with dinner on the stove, just waiting for my favorite to walk in the door. 
Hope everyone has a SHORT AND FABULOUS week!!! 
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment