Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Fun

We had a terrific Thanksgiving this year!!!  Matt and I alternate years with our families and this year we were with my crew.  Unfortunately, Matt had to work on Thanksgiving day but made it up to NWA on Friday morning.  I left Wednesday night to go to Mom and Dad's so we could head to Tulsa early Thursday morning for a day full of family!!!  It was a little different this year, because you will notice in pictures that Landon, Brandi, and the girls are missing (they were with her family) as well as Matt.  Kyndall worked that morning in Little Rock, then drove to Tulsa and made it in time for lots of fun that evening. 













Two things in this picture that I love about my family...1) the way we ALWAYS join hands and pray and 2) all the red cups on the table...everyone gets a cup with their name on it :)



We played this hysterical game that was kind of like the game telephone, but on paper.  I haven't laughed that hard in ages!!


Papaw and Nana


My cousin Justin...love this kid!








It's tradition that all the cousins do a funny picture EVERY time we're together...Thanksgiving 2011...here it is!!


And another....


So glad Kyndall made it over...


There are so many of us on my Mom's side of the family that we actually celebrated Christmas on Thursday as well. It's becoming more difficult for everyone to get together since we are all over the map, so we figured we would take advantage of our time together and celebrate Christmas too.


My beautiful Nana


I LOVE how many people are in this room!!  This is my FABULOUS family opening presents!!


Mom and her three sisters




A Barnes and Noble gift card for my NOOK


My Papaw


All the grandkids that were there (we're missing 4)





I rode back to Rogers with my Dad on Thursday night and we just talked about how blessed our family is to be able to enjoy one another and spend holidays like this one together.  It was nice to be in the car, just me and Dad.  We sang to the Eagles and James Taylor and just caught up on life.  A girl never gets too old for her Dad. 
Friday morning, I slept in.  No Black Friday for this girl!!!  I can't imagine needing something that badly!  However, Mom, Kyndall, and I did go to Panera for breakfast around 9:00 and then went out to the Promenade.  I bought a coat at Dillards, a couple of shirts for Matt, some necklaces, candles, and the list goes on....  Needless to say, I found some deals and didn't have to sacrifice my sleep!!



Matt came into town right when we were finishing up shopping and timed it perfectly for the HOGS/LSU game.  We went back to Mom and Dad's and watched LSU beat the Razorbacks.  I was not a very good sport. 


The Razorback side of the room :)


This is what I wish we would have done to LSU!!


LSU fan or not, I love this TIGER!!


Friday night, we decorated Mom and Dad's tree...well, Mom, Kyndall and I decorated. Matt and Dad watched some football.






Kyndall and I think so much alike, it's scary.  Both sporting Dad's old shoes to run out to the barn, neither of us knowing we both had the same idea.   


Saturday, my Dad's side of the family came up to the house for pizzas and the AL/Auburn game.  Landon, Brandi and the girls came up too.  We had a big time!!











Sweet Emma


Landon and Brandi made a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT...

BABY #3 IS DUE IN JULY!!!!  I am SUPER excited!!!


Biggest Sister Brynlee


Playing horsey with Uncle Matt


Brynlee and Mimi


Uncle Matt and Emma Grace after church


And right after this was taken she dropped the ornament which shattered into a million pieces.  Aunt Kia needs to start paying more attention instead of taking pictures ;)

We had a fabulous weekend full of family, food, shopping, football and LOTS of fun!!!  Again, I am so very thankful for the memories we made. 


This week is off to a fast start!!  Matt worked @ the hospital today and I came home to a clean house (so nice!)  After a full day's work, I even had time to buy a couple of Christmas presents and get a spa pedicure!  I have lots to do tomorrow, but we're looking forward to a weekend in NYC!!  I am so excited about the month of December...we have SO MANY FUN THINGS planned!! 

BRING ON THE HOLIDAYS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment