Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Parties Galore

What a crazy, busy weekend!!!  This was one of those weekends that I didn't stop.  You know, the kind that leaves you tired for the next week!  I keep telling myself just one more week of work and then I can kick my feet up for a little bit!!

We had our first Christmas party of the season on Friday night.  It was my team party with Eli Lilly and we had it at my boss's house and everyone brought their spouse.  Matt had to work, but was a champ and came after his 12 hour shift.  It was an ugly sweater party and I must say...there were some U-G-L-Y sweaters!!  We had a blast!!


The A-Team








Jaime, Ashley, and Nicki


Nick and Nicki


Mark, Rhonda, Ramona and Marcus






All the girls




Saturday, Matt was back at work, so I slept in and then met Kyndall at the mall to do some Christmas shopping.  Wow, these retailers sure know how to distract people around the holidays with all their sales!!  Kyndall and I were there for over two hours and walked out with bags galore.  Unfortunately, we did not buy one Christmas present...we found lots of fun things for ourselves though ;)  I am blaming it on the 40% off everything in The Limited and the fantastic sales at Dillards. Guess I'll be starting my Christmas shopping next week.

Saturday night, I had two Christmas parties to go to.  The first was a friend of ours, Ellis Martin, who just moved into his new house.  It was decorated beautifully and catered with amazing food.  They brought in bartenders to serve drinks and even had a male quartet come and sing.  We had a great time!!


Kyndall, David, and Jules





A full house





The quartet




After Ellis' party, we had our Dirty Santa Party at Tricia's house with a group of our close girlfriends.  It was a blast!!  It's always nice to get everyone together at someone's house for a night in and just goof around.  Thanks for hosting Tricia!!


Good company


Good Food


Starbucks gift card...Yes, please!!








Kyndall making a steal


Jules trying to hide her gift...didn't do any good, it still got stolen ;)


Playing a hilarious game after gift giving


WHEW!!  It was a jam packed day, but so much fun!!  I feel very blessed to have good friends to be able to enjoy the holidays with.  Today, Matt had to work again (this girl will be glad when he gets home tonight).  I went to church this morning, then a group of us had brunch at Copeland's afterwards.  I have spent the afternoon relaxing around the house, and it's been so nice.  I have my year-end review tomorrow and will be super busy this week with work.  I just love this time of year!!!


Hope you had a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment