Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Joy of Christmas

We had such a blessed Christmas!!  I think every year just gets better and better!!!  We arrived in Rogers on Friday afternoon and went straight to Brandi and Landon's to pick up my sweet nieces and take them to see Santa. Words cannot describe how much I love Brynlee Claire and Emma Grace.  They are sweet angels and I absolutely cherish every minute I get to spend with them.





Brynlee telling me what she wants for a snack.


Love her sweet heart


Emma and me covered in eating a cinnamon sugar pretzel


We ran into the Hicks and their kiddos! Aunt Kia spent all her cash on the cars ;)





Showing Uncle Matt how she can drive


At the Promenade, headed to 'The Rail' for dinner




Saturday morning, we had a big breakfast of biscuits and gravy, sausage balls and more.  We went to Mamaw and Papaw's for Christmas Eve lunch and to exchange presents.  I feel so very blessed to have spent another Christmas with two of the best grandparents in the world. 











Helping Uncle Matt hand out presents


Ready, Set, Go....


Pawpaw helping Brynlee with her mermaid costume





Grandkids and Great-Grandkids with Papaw and Mamaw




After lunch @ Mamaw and Papaw's, Brandi, Kyndall, and I met Lindsey and Nora at Bonefish Grill for a Christmas Eve cocktail.  It was great to just sit around and catch up. 




Christmas morning, we all got up to check out all the goodies in our stockings and to see what Santa brought. (In our family, Santa stops bringing a big gift when you get married.  I guess I did good to hold onto that for 28 years ;)  Landon, Brandi, and the girls didn't get to the house until noon, but Dad had a special gift he shared with Kyndall, Matt and me.










Yep!  We got a .380 caliber pistol.  I am extremely excited!!!  In fact, we loaded up and headed down to the ponds to shoot as soon as we opened them.  I don't think it's any secret that Little Rock isn't the safest place.  I actually had a man follow me the other day, all the way to the AT&T store (because of course I wasn't going to drive home).  The three of us are looking into getting our concealed weapons license after the first of the year.  So, this was the perfect gift!!!


Loading up with ammo...


I'd say we're getting the hang of it. (We were about 30 yards away)


Dad and his girls


Landon and his crew got to the farm just in time for Chrismas lunch.  After, we had a blast opening all our presents.  It was a fabulous afternoon full of family!!







Emma Grace so excited for presents (I loved their matching Christmas outfits!!)


Sparkling Toms


Emma liked her pink ones


A new life jacket for the lake this summer


Brandi's new Uggs


Landon and Brandi got a new gun as well ;)


Matt's new drill


Dad and his gift cards to Bass Pro Shop


 Mom and her gift cards


My Wilton Armetale plates and bowls.  I have been wanting the square ones to go with my pattern and they are so hard to find.  Leave it to Mom...she found them!! ;)


A baby bed for their dolls


Kyndall's 'Just Dance' collection for the Wii.


We were all so blessed this year, to receive so many nice gifts from each other. I have to say though, the highlight was definitely a gift that Santa left for the girls at Mimi and Pawpaw's house. 

A John Deere tractor that they can drive on the farm


She thought it was neat until it made a loud noise while pressing the petal


So...Aunt Kia took one for the team and drove it around outside. (That's the only way she would come close to it. She would sit on my lap while we cruised around the driveway)


I love Emma Grace's face in this...HILARIOUS!!  She's not so sure either!!


After about 10 minutes, she got the hang of it and was loving it!!!







We had such an amazing time together!!  We were sad to have to leave to drive back to Little Rock on Christmas night, but Matt and Kyndall both had to work on Monday.  It was no fun, but I am just thankful for the time we had together!!

I have been off this week as well.  Our housekeeper cleaned on Monday while I did a little shopping and got a pedicure.  Tuesday, Brittney came over and we watched "Love Actually."  Today, I have a little more shopping on my to-do list, I am going to take down some of the Christmas decor, and will be hitting the gym too. Tomorrow, we leave for Monroe and I am so excited to spend the weekend with Matt's family!! 


I can't believe 2012 is right around the corner!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you all! Are the adorable kids running around Landon's?? Y'all have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete