Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas in NYC!!!

I hardly know where to start...we had the most AMAZING weekend in New York City!!!  We left here Thursday afternoon and got to New York and settled in at Kayla's apartment before heading out on the town.  Kayla has the most amazing apartment exactly 3 blocks from Park Avenue and 5 blocks from 5th Avenue. We walked everywhere and had an absolutely perfect time!!

In route...


Our first stop...Times Square





The GREAT pizza place that Kayla took us to Thursday night.


After pizza, we headed town to a local pub called Baker's. They played the best music all night.  While we were there, the song "Empire State of Mind" by Alicia Keys came on.  It's one of my favorites!



Friday morning, Matt and I decided to explore the city!  Kayla was working so we made reservations down at the Plaza Hotel for brunch.  The hotel was decorated beautifully for Christmas and the food was fantastic.







While sitting in the The Palms Court restaurant, they played the entire new Michael Buble' holiday album...I was in heaven!!! :))


After brunch, we walked over to FAO Schwartz, the most unbelievable toy store EVER!!  These were the carolers outside singing Christmas music.


We played on the Big Piano


Saw this $25K Barbie Foosball table - one out of 10 ever made!


We loved LegoLand - Matt with "Indiana Jones"





"Statue of Liberty"


"Jack Sparrow" - We were little kids running wild!!

After the toy store, we went over to Central Park








We had a great time walking around and taking in the holiday season!!  We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping on 5th Avenue.  It was wonderful!!  That night, we went to see the 'Rockettes' @ Radio City Music Hall.  I have seen them in Little Rock once and I can honestly say that it didn't hold a candle to seeing it in NYC.  I thought the show was absolutely amazing!!!  Of course, afterwards, we went straight to Rockefellar Center to see the tree.  Now for those of you who dont know me, I am such a Christmas guru and I have wanted to see this tree all lit up for as long as I can remember.  It was just as beautiful as I thought it would be. 





The decorations inside Radio City were beautiful


 ENCORE!


Outside of Radio City





I love that this city spends so much time (and $$) decorating for the holidays


Rockefellar Center








After Rockefellar Center, we went up to Top of the Rock and overlooked the city.  Great views!



After spending the evening in Rockefellar Plaza, we grabbed a hot cocoa at Jacques Torres Chocolate and then headed to meet Kayla in the West Village.  We ate dinner at this fantastic little quaint restaurant called "Extra Virgin."  It was delicious!!  (Possibly my favorite meal all weekend ;)  Afterwards, we found a great little pub on the west side of town to have a drink. 

Matt enjoying his hot chocolate


Delicious dinner...





I had a firefighter give me this hat while we were in Rockefellar Center ;)


Saturday morning, we slept in and then walked down to G 50 for brunch.  Again, a delicious meal!!  After we finished, we walked down to Grand Central Station (it was my first time here) and then caught the subway to Union Square for the Farmer's Market.  It was really cool to see what New Yorkers do on a Saturday. 

Brunch


Grand Central Station





Union Square





\
Matt and Kayla




After spending some time at the Holiday Market/Farmer's Market, we went to Macy's so I could see the famous holiday window displays.  Macy's was a MADHOUSE and the thought of actually shopping there made my head hurt so we took a couple of pictures and went to O'Donoghues (a local pub) to watch the LSU/Georgia game.





These pictures don't do the window displays justice


Each one had moving robots and played Christmas carols - they were unreal!



After we left O'Donoghues, we went back to Kayla's for a short nap.  Then, we got all gussied up and headed down toward 57th street for our dinner reservations at TAO.  The atmosphere was awesome and we loved the food too!







Our table with the Buddha in the background


Love this girl!!






We had a great night!!  After dinner we went to a local pub and then to Serendipity. 



I am so thankful that we had such a fantastic weekend!!  One funny side note, apparently I ate something Saturday night in which I had an allergic reaction to.  By the time we got off the plane last night, I was covered in red bumps all over my arms and legs and these red patchy spots on my face and neck.  Needless to say, Benedryl/Cortizone cream has been my best friend for the last 24 hours.  THANKFULLY, I am looking like myself today!!

It's freezing here and I am excited that my husband is home today and can build me a nice fire when I get in! We've got a lot of fun planned for the weekend...the Christmas parties begin!! 

Happy Monday!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment