Thursday, December 22, 2011

Twas the Week Before Christmas...

Well, one would think that since I have two weeks of vacation, that I would be sleeping in and being lazy.  But...I am proud to say that 3 out of the last 4 days I have been hitting the gym around 8:00.  Yep!!  I am getting a head start on that New Years Resolution of working out again!!  My goal is at least 4X a week when we get back into our routine.  We'll see how that goes ;)


I am LOVING my time off!!  Monday, I had 16 gifts to buy and I am happy to say that by 3:00 I had 15 of them bought!! YAY ME!!!  I even had time to wrap all of them before heading to Yaya's to enjoy a little happy hour with a good friend of mine, Mary.  We had a great time catching up!!

Call me crazy, but I love wrapping presents!!


Tuesday, our sweet Jovie had to get her shots, so I spent the morning loving on her.  I also took some time to get ready for the holidays with a pedicure, spray tan, and hair appt.  (I could really get use to this not working and "playing" all day :) 


Tuesday night, Matt and I met Blake and Kyndall at Taziki's for dinner.  There is now a location in WLR and we love it!!



Wednesday, Matt was off of work, so we (of course) slept in.  We rolled out of bed and headed to grab some breakfast @ Chick-Fil-A (you will notice we've been frequenting there quite often...they just put one in on Chenal and it is SUPER close to us!)   It was the perfect day!  We ran around doing some last minute shopping and then had lunch at Alley Oops. 



My sweet friend, Brittney, brought by this plate of goodies Wednesday afternoon and they're ALL delicious!  It's now motivated me to actually get on Pintrest and make some of these recipes. 


Last night, Matt and I decided to go ahead and open our presents to each other. (I know, right??  Four days early...)  I have to say that I was very impressed with my handsome hubby. I gave him a list, but he did a lot of it on his own.





A couple of polos, a new Thomas Dean shirt, a cashmere scarf and a gift card for some more golf clubs.  I think it's safe to say he was a good boy this year!! :)


A gift card to Anthropolgie, an Arvest gift card for whatever my little heart desires, Rascal Flatt tickets, and some new Nike workout pants. (The pants are what I am so impressed with.  We were in the Nike store the other night before going to the movies and I mentioned that I really liked them.  I guess he took notes ;)  After we opened everything, we started laughing about how we're going to have to develop a little patience and work on not getting so anxious to open presents when we have kids.  Otherwise, there won't be A THING to open on Christmas!!


I've already been to the gym this morning and I'm now finding myself with nothing on my to-do list.  This is so different for me because I am constantly going.  I have decided that my day will consist of curling up on the couch and reading my Nook, baking some holiday treats, watching another Christmas movie, and making a BIG TASTY dinner for Matt when he gets home from work.


We are headed to NWA tomorrow and I am SUPER excited to see my family!!! I hope each and everyone of you has a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment