Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend in Shreveport

Matt and I left Friday around 4:00 to spend the weekend in Shreveport visiting Katie, Clay, and their sweet baby girl (almost a year), Annah Kate.  I've said it before, but we LOVE going to see these guys.  They are so laid back, we never have any plans, and we just do whatever we feel like doing at the moment.  Clay had ordered in pizza and we relaxed and stayed in Friday night, just enjoying the company and conversation. 

 

Annah Kate LOVED Matt - anytime he walked into the room, she was all about him.  It was the sweetest thing!!!

 
Saturday, after sleeping in (which is only until about 7:30 for this kid these days) and picking up donuts, Katie and I headed out to do some shopping.  There is an adorable boutique in Shreveport that I am obsessed with called 'Ladies In Waiting' and I racked up.  I found the Angel Care SIDS monitor that I've been wanting, bought one of the Kalencom Weekender diaper bags, some Aden and Anais burp cloths/bibs, a couple of very cute and stylish hospital gowns for me to wear (yes, I know...some might think it's ridiculous but I love them), some Booginhead paci clips in a few adorable designs, and some absolutely precious clothes. We shopped all afternoon and had a great time!!  Katie surprised me with two of these adorable monogrammed bloomers.  I am obsessed with them and will be purchasing more!!!

 


Saturday night, we grilled out steaks and cooked potatoes and enjoyed seeing one of Matt's good friends, Clay Davis, who came over to hang out for a while.  Sunday, we went to eat Father's Day brunch and then Matt and I hit the road around 11:00.  Once again, a perfect weekend!!  We are so blessed to have such great friends who we always have a wonderful time with.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment