Monday, June 25, 2012

A Fantastic Weekend


Well, our weekend in Little Rock made up for our crazy busy week!!!  I worked from home on Friday which was a nice break from being out in the heat of the day.  My parents spent the weekend with us.  They have been in Destin, FL for the past week and stopped to visit on their way back through to NWA.  They got in Friday night and we met them, as well as Kyndall and Blake, at Alley Oops for dinner.  It was so good to see them and we enjoyed a quiet evening back at the house after a delicious meal. 

Saturday was a busy day.  Matt and I bought a new front door that is going to be GORGEOUS once it's stained and finished and he and my dad spent the day putting it in.  (I just have to say how much I LOVE my parents.  They NEVER hesitate to help out around our house with anything we need done.  My dad and Matt worked so hard.  I had no idea what went into changing a door!)  While they were hard at work, Mom, Kyndall and I went shopping for Reese's nursery.  It is almost completely done.  We added her letters on the wall, I ordered our glider, we bought a lamp and table to go by the glider, and of course shopped for a couple of cute outfits.  (We racked up for Baby Jack too, who will be here in just 11 short days!)  I am so thankful to my Mom who already loves to spoil this little girl!  She, Kyndall, and I had the best time - it's been a while since the three of us have been able to spend the day shopping together!!  :) 







Letters above the crib in the nursery

We love the pink plaque above her closet that says
"For This Child I Have Prayed"



Saturday night Blake came over to the house and we all ordered in pizzas and just spent the evening relaxing.  I think it was well deserved for everyone after such a busy day!! 
Sunday morning we all went to church together and then had lunch at Chee-Burger Chee-Burger.  Afterwards, Mom and Dad had to head back to Rogers.  I was sad to see them go, but I'll see them in less than two weeks when Baby Jack makes his appearance. 









 






















Matt and I spent Sunday afternoon napping, buying him a couple of new golf clubs, and getting ready for the upcoming week.  It's going to be a busy and HOT one!!! 


Hope you had a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment