Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blessings

It is absolutely amazing to me how God speaks to us today.  I had a little moment last night that reminded me of just how awesome our God is and that we all have so many things to be thankful for. 

I know this may come as a shock to you, but I can get worked up about little things sometimes :)  The other night, we received our year-end metrics that tell us our bonus for this quarter at work.  I finished the year better than I started and I was expecting to be paid out more than I will be given.  When I saw what I was going to receive, I was NOT happy.  I immediately called Matt and began venting! Honestly, I was mad about it for most of the night.  As I crawled into bed that night, I pulled out our Bible for my daily reading. After reading through part of Thessalonians, this is the last verse I finished with,  "Be joyous always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  All I can say is, I felt very selfish after reading this.  I am blessed with an amazing job, a Christian man who loves me, a family that I would die for and the love of a gracious and merciful Savior.  At that time, I thanked God for even giving me a bonus.  There are so many people in this world that don't have jobs right now, let alone are receiving a Christmas bonus!!

This may not be a big deal to anyone else, but I just had to share this. The Lord amazes me every day with the way he communicates to us.  I am so thankful that I have taken the time to read the entire Bible all the way through this year..I have one month left to go :)  I don't want to stop because I have read it all the way through one time, I want to continue to do this every year.  The Bible is full of so many things (I am far from knowing half of it) that I want to continue to learn and apply to my daily life.  It's verses like the one above that make you stop and realize just how truly blessed you really are.  I think that it's human nature to get frustrated and to be disappointed, but none of us have to look very far to see that we are richly blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. It really is crazy how many times I look over how blessed I really am, thanks for sharing! Congratulations on your first year and good luck on many others!

    ReplyDelete