Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas in Rogers

I love Christmas Day!!  It's one of my favorite days of the year and not because of all the presents.  It is one FULL day that I get to spend curled up in my pajamas, eating lots of food, watching movies, napping, and playing games with my entire family!!  Since my Dad and brother both run our family business, we don't get to take "family" vacations because they cannot both be gone from the store at the same time. So...days like Christmas, when EVERYONE gets to spend all day together, are pretty special to me!!  Below are lots of pictures of our Christmas morning at Mom and Dad's house. 


Mimi and Pawpaw had a red wagon for the girls.  It was a HIT!!

This was Brynlee's face everytime she opened a present.

Even Cedar and Jovie enjoyed some new toys from Santa :)

This was what the day looked like, we would all take turns pulling BC around in the wagon. She would ride by one of us and we would say, "Here comes Princess Brynlee, everybody wave".  She was waving and blowing kisses by the end of the day.  It was priceless!!

You can't really see this, but it's a matted frame with four pictures of me and my dad at my wedding/reception.  In the middle is the hankerchief that I gave him on that day that says,"Daddy, you'll always be the first man I ever loved. Your little girl, Kia".  August 1, 2009.  It turned out beautiful!

Mom with one of her presents....a Nook!!

And we're back in the wagon again...

Brandi with one of her presents, a gorgeous pea coat!

It's not Christmas morning without brunch and mimosas!!  (Brandi was putting Emma down, that's why she's missing.)

PawPaw loving on sweet Emma

And this was actually AFTER we cleaned up the family room :)

Brynlee helping Uncle Matt open some presents

Papaw and Mamaw came out for the afternoon

Overall, it was a wonderful day spent with so many people I love.  Brandi's parents, Pat and Dale came out as well.  They are just like family to all of us and we love having them there. 
Sunday morning we went to church at Bentonville, they had one service at 10:00, and then we headed back to Mom and Dad's for leftover brisket, twice baked potatoes, soup, creamed corn and the list goes on....
Here are a couple of pictures from the afternoon.

Emma was modeling the sweet little velvet dress we got her for Christmas.

Aunt Bee with Emma

Brynlee and her Daddy (I said, "Brynlee, show me your teeth" - love it!)

Matt, Kyndall and I are now back in Little Rock.  I can't believe Christmas Day went by so fast!  That's the best thing about having a blog, I can keep up with all the fun times we have :)  Matt and I are getting ready to leave for Monroe to have Christmas with the Fitzgerald's.  We are looking forward to seeing everyone and I'll be posting about Christmas #2 when we get back in town.  I hope every one of you had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment