Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas in Monroe

Monday afternoon, we left for Monroe to spend our Christmas with Matt's family. We got there and Matt's mom and her brother, Uncle Mark, had made a FEAST for dinner. It was so good! (I swear this girl has got to put a stop to all the food I've been shoving into my mouth...NY resolution, right?) We enjoyed dinner together and then did our gift exchange with everyone. The kiddos were wired that night. I am assuming it was a mix of Christmas fun, Matt and I being in town, and a lot of sugar :)


I loved their real Christmas tree

Olivia Kate and Jack Henry wrestling

Emily opening her gift

Matt and Sam Wyatt

Strike a pose!

Jack Henry as a "present"


I think these kids get cuter everytime I see them!!  Tuesday, Matt and I slept in and then Emily and I headed out to the mall to do a little shopping.  Afterwards, Matt met us at Mohawk, a fabulous restaurant in Monroe with an amazing fried shrimp platter.  After an early dinner there, Matt and I headed back to his parents house and curled up by the fire.  It was the most relaxing night.  Matt and his dad watched football while Andree' and I read by the fire with a nice glass of red wine.  I need more nights like that one! :)

We got back to Little Rock Wednesday night and slept late this morning.  Lord help me when Monday comes and I have to set an alarm again!!  Today has been productive...a clean house, a mani/pedi, a spray tan, Target run and now cooking tacos for dinner.  We are really looking forward to New Years Eve, Emily and Jack are driving up to spend it with us.  We have dinner plans and then we'll be going to a little house party to watch the ball drop.  I am hoping it won't be TOO late of a night, because Kyndall and I always hit the sales on New Years Day!!!  Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment