Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I don't know if it's the Holiday season, or maybe the fact that I am finished with work for the year; perhaps it's because this past week was filled with so much fun...I don't know, but I am in the best mood!  We are looking so forward to Christmas!! 

Matt and I sometimes like to throw a little random fun into our weeks, so last Monday night we went to see the movie, "Love and Other Drugs."  I absolutely LOVED it!!  Although I will say, speaking from experience as being a pharmaceutical sales rep for sometime now, that's not exactly how we do our job :) but I loved laughing at all the jokes that made fun of it!!

Tuesday, Matt left for Monroe to spend some time with his dad.  It was my first time staying in this house all by myself.  I slept with the alarm system on, bedroom door locked and a loaded gun by my bed...a bit much you might say...you're probably right!  Everything was absolutely fine!!  I enjoyed cleaning the house up, watching The Biggest Loser Finale(my favorite t.v. show), and a girls night out on Wednesday.  Needless to say though, when Thursday rolled around I was SO EXCITED to see Matt!!  One night away is enough for me :)

This weekend started with a surprise party for one of our good friends, Jason Garner.  He turned 33 and Julianna, his wife, rented out the upstairs room at U.S. Pizza in Hillcrest on Friday night.  Long story short, the cover was almost blown, however Jason was clueless and ended up completely surprised.

Matt stayed for a while and then went to poker night with some of the boys.


Waiting for Jason's arrival

"What?! This party's for me?"

Wonderful wife who put it all together

With Melissa and Shelly

Blowing out the sparklers (we almost caught the place on fire:)

Love this crew!

Afterwards, we moved the party down to Ferneau.  There was a fabulous jazz band playing.

Charla, Corie, and Kyndall

Lovely Ladies

Three of my favorites...David, Kyndall and Devon

Me, Misty and Sabrina

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON!!! 

Saturday was filled with a big breakfast after sleeping until 10:30.  Matt and I made chocolate chip pancakes, cheesy eggs, bacon, the works.  We got out for a little bit, but decided to order in PFChangs for dinner and rent movies.  We watched "The Other Guys", with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg (absolutely horrible) and "Going the Distance" with Drew Barrymore and Justin Long (cute).  We enjoyed church this morning and had brunch at YaYa's while listening to the jazz band play Christmas music. (which makes me so happy)

This afternoon Matt and I exchanged gifts for Christmas for the first time!  We had decided (the previous years) that since he was in school and income is always a little tighter during the holidays, we would just focus on our families at Christmas.  Well, my sweet husband thought we should buy each other a little something this year.  He got to open his present after church today which is the North Face coat below (but black and blue instead of gray).  He loved it!  It's got the extra lining and very warm.



I have to brag on my husband.  He knows me oh so well!!  He gave me a gift card for a spa day that includes...a back scrub and pumpkin papaya enzyme face mask + skin softening lip exfoliation + a moisturizing facial massage + beautifying hand and foot treatment + a 50 minute swedish massage with soothing aromatherapy.  REALLY?!!?  I cannot wait to use it!  Thank you Matt for being so good to me!! 

We are looking forward to a relaxing week coming up...full of movies, nights out, cooking and just being together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment