Sunday, September 18, 2011

Crazy Busy Days

I know we are all extremely busy, but these past few days have been ridiculous!! WOW!! SO much going on!!  I guess I can start with Thursday....  After working that morning in the field, the 7 girls on our team loaded up to head to Branson for the night.  Random? Maybe, but I told my boss that I wanted to put together a "teambuilder" for just the girls.  Before the meeting, everyone read the book I suggested called "How Remarkable Women Lead."  It's actually a great book and I definitely recommend it.  Our time there consisted of lots of shopping @ the Hilton Landing, drinks and dinner @ Cantina Laredo, and discussing the book in a meeting on Friday morning.  I loved facilitating the discussion (and capturing our fun times on camera too!)

Rhonda, Brittney, and Nicki

Rhonda and me "considering" these entertaining headbands

Ashley, Nicki and Brittney



 
Nicki just had her 30th birthday so we had to celebrate!!

The whole crew



I have to say that I feel very blessed to work with these ladies.  Friday was incredible and I am very fortunate to work with such smart, accountable, hard working, beautiful women.

After crashing early Friday night, I woke up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready for the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) event on Saturday.  This year I was the one who was responsible for putting everything together for our company.  We had lots of great stuff to give to families and children who battle this disease and had a turnout of around 4,000 people from the Central AR area.  It was awesome!!

Whitney, Steph and me setting up SUPER early

It was so cold that morning...secretly, I was LOVING it!!

Kyndall came out to bring me some spiced apple cider (best sister EVER), and then she, Brittney and I went to have brunch at The Red Door.  DELICIOUS!!!  Afterwards, I probably should've gone home to get a nap in, but I went with the girls to shop a bit.  I found a couple of things (in my opinion, we're still between seasons so there's really not a ton of cute things out yet.)

Saturday night, Kyndall and I went to Thom and Tara's wedding.  (You may be noticing a trend here...Matt is no where to be found in any of this.  :(  He has been working the last four days.  Thankfully, tonight I will actually get to see him!!!  )

The wedding was held at 'The Manor House,' a beautiful location in downtown Little Rock.  It was perfect and we are SO VERY HAPPY for these two special friends!!!



First Dance




I love Thom's face in this...getting ready to cut the cake

The cake topper

I was exhausted when we got home last night and enjoyed a two hour nap today after church.  It was fantastic!!  I am now waiting for my handsome husband to walk in the door at any moment and can't wait to curl up tonight while it rains. 

I hope you all had a great weekend!!








No comments:

Post a Comment