Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Red and White Weekend

We had a blast this weekend tailgating and watching the game at War Memorial.  The Hogs killed New Mexico so it was the perfect ending to a perfect day!!  We tailgated at our regular spot with Jason and Jules and then my Lilly team had a separate tailgate that we went to as well.  My partner @ work is Marcus Elliott, a former Razorback player who played under Lou Holtz, who was able to get us all into the player's club for the game.  Although we didn't stay for the whole game, it was a fun experience!  By 9:00 we were ready to head back to the house and put our feet up.  Here are lots of pictures of game day!!



Love me some Brittney!!

My gorgeous little sis



The Garner Girls :))

Charla and Kyndall



Kyndall made this awesome red velvet Razorback cake and cake balls





Jason and Jules

Chance came in town!







Clint and Matt

Brittney, Whitney and Ashley (3 of the girls on my team)

All the "Lilly" ladies (minus Nicki...we missed you girl!!)

Jaime and Rhonda enjoying the Players Club

I ran into my old boss (Lisa-R) from Staffmark.  Allison was on the management team with me.  It was SOOO good to see these two!!!  Lots of fun memories!

I am sure you all have seen this picture posted on FB, but it's amazing to me!!  How awesome to be able to honor the 10th anniversary of September 11 like this at War Memorial.  It gives me chills!!



It's hard to believe that it's been 10 years since that horrific event occurred.  Our church service was so good this morning and focused on how our world has changed since that moment.  We watched clips of what happened that day and I bawled like a baby.  Like you all, I can remember exactly where I was at that time 10 years ago.  I can remember walking into chapel @ Harding, and seeing that second plane hit the other tower on the big white screen that projected the news.  I couldn't believe it. It was extremely scary and I think we all had a feeling of violation seeing our country under attack that day.  I remember sitting in the student center for most of the day with so many others, crying and trying to tear my eyes away from this horrible day of terrorism.  My heart will forever go out to all those who lost their lives, those who gave their lives for others, and those who've had to live the past 10 years without their loved ones.  It was a day that our country was brought to our knees, but it was also a day that God brought us through.  I hope we are all continually praying for our country, it's leaders, and those that have such a hatred for the U.S.A.  May God continue to bless us all!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment