Thursday, September 8, 2011

Random Chit-Chat

I have never in my life had trouble sleeping at night...until last night!!  I tossed and turned every hour on the hour and was wide awake in bed from 2:30 until 5:00, when Matt got up to get ready for work.  I think I have figured out the culprit...Allegra-D.  With the weather changing, I am starting to fight all this congestion and sinus crap.  I was being pro-active and thought it would be o.k. to take it around 4:00 yesterday afternoon - WRONG!!!!  OH this kid is tired today!! 

On a fun note, I went to a Matilda Jane trunk show on Tuesday night and found this adorable dress for Miss Brynlee Claire.  Her birthday is coming up and I thought it was precious!  Lord help me if I have a little girl one day...I know where all my $$ will go!!



Matt and I are getting our fall pictures taken on Sept. 30th.  We finally got a dated nailed down!  I had no idea how hard it would be to plan things with him being a nurse at the hospital.  His schedule is made on a monthly basis (a little aggravating to me, but I guess I am spoiled with taking off whenever I want to.)  I am going to have to make some serious adjustments to the fact that he WILL have to work some holidays.  We are both so family-oriented and it's going to be tough not to have him there sometimes for special occasions.  I know...WAH WAH...that's the real world, Kia.  It may be the real world, but that doesn't make it easy. 

I have recently been obsessed with decorating my house.  I am blaming it on the withdrawals that I was having the past two years because we were paying for nursing school and didn't have any extra cash! :)  Here are some of my favorites places that I have been frequenting...

Pottery Barn

Pier One

Notice I said "frequenting."  I did not purchase any of the above but have found some other cute little odds and ends.  And of course you can't forget the ole' Hobby Lobby!!  One could get lost in there for hours!!  I am sad that we don't really have any cute local stores that specialize in home decor - they're all chains.  I am however having fun adding a little bit here and there. 

As I'm sitting here, I have a smile plastered on my face today because our Christmas vacation is now finalized.  I'll let the pictures do the talking...









Yep!!  You guessed it!!  Matt and I are off to New York City the week before Christmas!!  I am SUPER excited to see the big tree in Rockefellar Center, go ice skating, get hot cocoa at Serendipity, see the Rockettes, have dinner with friends, and do some shopping!!!  I am keeping my fingers crossed that Matt's work schedule will cooperate and we don't have any kinks in our travel plans.  A big SHOUT OUT to my beautiful cousin, KAYLA BETH, for letting us stay in her brownstone in Manhattan!!!  (serious cost-savings)  I can't wait to see her!!

Gotta get to work!!  Happy Thursday!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment