Monday, September 12, 2011

A New Hobby...Kind Of....

So, since Matt now has his new golf clubs, and LOVES playing the game, I decided that I should get back into the game of golf too. You may think, "Get back into the game???  Do you even know how to play golf?"  Well, as a matter of fact...I was on the golf team in high school!!  (I love telling people this, they immediately think I must be very good at this sport.)  Au contraire my friend...  I am absolutely no good.  I've NEVER played in a golf match, and only joined the golf team because it got me out of 8th hour and I had a WHOLE lot of fun "pretending" to play the game with Lindsey and Tara.  We would normally go to the putting green (with a sonic drink in hand), putt around for approximately 15 minutes and call it a day.  Lord help the poor soul who was out there if coach actually made us play 9 holes.  Ahh memories!!!

Needless to say, I may not have been close to the professional level of playing, but I grew up playing out at Bella Vista's golf courses.  Sunday afternoons, Mom and Dad would load us up in the van and we'd all head out to play a round.  It was something I always looked forward to, and they were so good to work with the three of us while we tried really hard to learn the game.  Eventually, I became decent.  So when we were home for Labor Day, I picked up my old clubs, bought a new bag and golf glove, and Matt and I hit the driving range yesterday. 

I am WAY out of practice, but with Fall around the corner, I think this will be a really fun sport for both of us to play together. 

My good 'ole clubs - a new bag dresses them up a little bit :)

Heading to the driving range

You can't see his game face, but it's on!!!


I did tell Matt that if I was going to get into this, I would need to buy some CUTE new golf shoes and a couple of PRETTY polo skirts and shirts.  A girl needs to look the part!!!  :) 

It was a great day!!  I am already looking forward to playing again soon!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment