Monday, January 2, 2012

Monroe for the Holidays

We just got back from Monroe and had the best time with friends and family!!  I am curled up by the fire, the laundry's almost done, and soup is on the stove.  Perfect time to blog!! :)


We got to LA on Thursday afternoon and visited with Uncle Clint, Aunt Saundra, Claire (in from ATL), Scott, Marlo and their two kiddos.  We don't get to see this crew but a couple of times a year, so it was very nice to catch up.  Of course, I was thrilled to see our nieces and nephews who have me wrapped around their fingers.  We spent the afternoon playing outside with Olivia Kate, Jack Henry and Sam Wyatt and opened presents Thursday night before dinner. 

OK, Carter, JH, Tanner, and SW


Love Jack Henry's little smile peeking around Tanner


We normally buy two presents for the nieces and nephews


But this year, after talking to Emily, we decided on one present for each of them and then a big present for them to share.


Arguing over who is going to open the big present...


A Cotton Candy Machine!!


Sam Wyatt enjoying green apple flavor


It was a BIG HIT!!


Jack Henry with some watermelon cotton candy








Playing Toy Story operation game with Jack Henry

Friday, Matt went up to the deer camp with his Dad.  So, Andree' and I went to lunch and spent the day shopping.  There are a couple of cute boutiques in Monroe (believe it or not) and I found a couple of dresses.  That afternoon we met Emily and the kiddos at the movie theater to see 'We Bought a Zoo'.  Very cute movie, and I love that it's a true story!! 

Saturday, Matt and I had a lazy day.  We grabbed lunch and just enjoyed spending some time at the house with everyone.  Saturday night was New Years Eve (another post), and we had the BEST time with friends.

The lesson at church Sunday morning was great!!!  We came back to the house, ate lunch, played with the kiddos and then had to hit the road. 

I know this is blurry, but I love it!!


Matt and Sam Wyatt by the bayou


Jack and Jack Henry shooting on the bayou


I hope that people who live close to their families never take it for granted. I would give ANYTHING if my family and Matt's family were both closer. We always have such a wonderful time when we're together. Despite the distance, we are extremely blessed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment